Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: pentaho platform

Default pentaho platform

couple of questions on pentaho platform:

1. where do i download the source code for the pentaho platform. name of exact filename please.
    2. within the codebase, which packages control the reporting functionality i.e. handling of action sequences, parameters, loading the form, generating report etc
    3. where in the codebase could i create my own servlet that would first check to see if the the user accessing the report is authorized to do so. basically i want to build user authentication within the platform code, so that it will check who the user is, and then allow them to view the selected report. I dont want to have the user login a second time. User shall only log in once to my web application. I am planning on running pentaho platform alongside my web application. but need to have a "bridge" inbetween to hook them up so to speak. i..e. session scope sharing/user role based checking thats it. pentaho code base is quite large, so thats why i ask these questions. many thanks.

I am intending on taking the report designer class in august.

eh? the engine already has full support for applying Access control lists to either individual reports or entire directories... Does that not do what you want?

Default access control

really it does . can you point exactly where the code does this. yes i am trying to setup some sort of ACL so that only authorized users can run and view the report created. i want to pull the source for the platform code and create my access list. do i need to write additional code? i dont want my users to login a second time. login will be only once through my own web app which i wanna integrate with pentaho platform. i want to give the user capability to run a paramertrized report based on ACL that is defined.

ah sorry i dont know where the code is which does this. However if you run up the default solution repository explorer and login as the admin user ( Joe in the sampledata ) then you'll see on the admin link at the top where you can manage roles and permissions..

see here and explore the related pages:
    http://wiki.pentaho.org/display/Pent...+Authorization