Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Birt BIRT_RESOURCE_PATH

Default Birt BIRT_RESOURCE_PATH

Hi all, I'm trying hard to get my reports to work on pentaho due to pentaho doesn't support birt resource libraries.
    I have upgrade lastet release of PCI to BIRT 2.2 (I have a lot of report with crosstabs), I have a principal library (usefull) where I have defined connections, styles, ...
    But when I try to execute the action an error occur, if I open the rptdesign and hard code the path to the library it works great!!!
    It's really important to allow to configure the resource path to solve this problems.
    But I think there is a bug too because the runtime must try to read the library in the local directory and it isn't.

If someone solve this, please tell me how!!! I have gave up and I'm hardcoding my reports!!!!

Default Possible solution

I don't know which version of BIRT has pentaho actually because I put 2.2, but with BIRT 2.1 it should work too.
    In pentaho-solution/system/BIRT I have created a resources directory.
    I have modified the BirtSystemListener adding a few lines to put the resource folder.
    String birtResourcePath = PentahoSystem.getApplicationContext().getSolutionPath("system/BIRT/resources");
    birtResourcePath = birtResourcePath.replaceAll("\\\\.\\\\", "\\\\");
    config.setResourcePath(birtResourcePath);

The file is attached!!!

And that's all!!!
    But I have to read more the code to find how to set to find resources in the rptdesign directory to!!! This is usefull when you don't want to share a library!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default It works!!!

Finally it works!!!
    I didn't know that I have to refresh solution repository too!!!
    I could load my library!!!
    Birt 2.2 with resource libraries!!!
    Yeahhhhh

This is the last file,
    I hope it helps someone else
    Attached Files Attached Files

dmoran Guest

Thanks for the fix. I can check it in today. If you have BIRT 2.2 working in the platform - and you send the files needed - I can get that in too.

The best way to do this is to go to http://jira.pentaho.org and "Create New Issue"
    Project: "Pentaho BI Server"
    Issue Type: "Improvement"

If you don't have an account you can create one there. Use your forum Id to make life easier down the road when we get a single credential working.

Fill in the info and attach a ZIP file with the new BIRT files and any modifications that need to be made.

Thanks,
    Doug

Thumbs up Take care about system/BIRT/resources

With my fix you need to create resources dir insdide pentaho-solutions/system/BIRT!!!

Ok, I'll will try to give you the files to upgrade to BIRT 2.2 but I have follow this thread instructions http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=55249

Regards
    Agustin