Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Insert Ignore or Insert Replace for MySQL Target

Default Insert Ignore or Insert Replace for MySQL Target

Hi,

Is it possible to have Kettle write data to a target MySQL server and have it do an Insert Ignore or Insert Replace instead of a plain Insert?

Is it possible to override the insert statement generated by Kettle?

Thanks,

-Dipin

Is it possible to have Kettle write data to a target MySQL server and have it do an Insert Ignore or Insert Replace instead of a plain Insert?
    I don't know what you mean with insert/ignore or insert/replace... Table output has error handling options so you can throw away the inserts that fail without aborting the transformation (right click on the table output step, last entry in the popup dialog.

Is it possible to override the insert statement generated by Kettle?
    Not with the default steps.

Regards,
    Sven

Sven,

Thanks for the quick response. I was referring to MySQL extensions to the insert command. For Insert Ignore, MySQL ignores any records that have a duplicate key error instead of throwing an error and for Insert Replace, MySQL replaces any records that have a duplicate key error instead of throwing an error.

Are there any custom steps out there that would allow me to replace the Insert statement being run? Is there some sort of a custom step repository that hold all of them?

Thanks,

-Dipin

insert/ignore and ignore/replace thus are not available... also not in any custom plugin

Plugin repository will be at http://wiki.pentaho.org/display/EAI/...ation+Plug-Ins for the moment.

Regards,
    Sven

Sven,

Thanks again for the quick response. I'll keep an eye on the plugin repository as time goes on to see if something pops up.

-Dipin