Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Trying to embed Pentaho components in a DOJO app

Default Trying to embed Pentaho components in a DOJO app

Hi to all !

Has anybody tried to embed Pentaho within a DOJO app ? I am trying to do that on my local machine. It seems there is a bad issue with the standard 8080 port of Pentaho and the 80 port of my Apache.

The pentahoAction function does not call the good URL... Do you know how to solve this issue ?

I enclose my javascript :
    <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
    function chargementPage( ) {
    pentahoAction( "samples", "professionsLiberales/OLAP", "O100Evaluations.xaction",
    new Array(
    new Array( "mdx", "MDX" ),
    new Array( "mode", "mode" )
    ),
    'majContent'
    );
    }
    function majContent(content) {
    dojo.widget.byId("tab1").setContent(content);
    }
    dojo.addOnLoad(chargementPage);
    </script>

and a screenshot from Firebug.

Thanks,

Marc
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hello.

The Javascript pentahoAction tries to connect to server which delivered you the page from which it's being executed. You always can try to modify the code to connect to another URL, but i strongly advices you to put your page on the same server as pentaho. To do it, you only have to create a web-app on the J2EE server you're using, or linking your apache with that server.

Please, which pentaho distribution are you using, and if it's not the PCI, which J2EE server are you using ?

Moreover, which language are you using for your web page ?

Hello and thank you for your reply !!

I use the PCI v.1.5. About the language I use for my web pages for this integration (Dojo + Pentaho), this is just a standalone application at the moment but further, I will use PHP.

I am really a dummy guy in java.... I would be great if you could help me !!

Marc

If you want to create a new web-app, just create a new folder in jboss/server/default/deploy/ named MyApp.war.

It should (at least) contain an index page and a WEB-INF directory with a web.xml file looking like :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

<!DOCTYPE web-app
    PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN"
    "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd">

<web-app>
    <display-name>MyApp</display-name>
    <description>
    Welcome to My App
    </description>

</web-app>

(I'm not sure about the following explanations, so please correct if i'm wrong.)

If you want to use php on Jboss, it might be a bit tricky. (althought i heard it is now included in jbosswebserver , which can replace tomcat).

When using tomcat, you either have the choice of connecting tomcat to apache , or use a php servlet. Infortunately, this servlet seems to be no longer maintained.

I guess you'll find plenty of information about connecting tomcat with a php-capable apache server.

If you choose the second solution, i may try to help you.

It may also be the time to learn jsp ...

Ronan Dunklau
    BPM-Conseil
    www.bpm-conseil.com

Thumbs up

Hello Ronan,

Thank you for your reply : I created my wep-app and it is working fine, or at least better than before : I get a strange issue when I am trying to fill an iFrame but I am about to open a new thread for that !

Maybe you're right considering it can be the time to learn jsp !! I actually modified and created dashboards with the help of the examples : I should go on this way

Marc

PS : Don't you speak french ? It seems you work with Cedric from BPM Conseil who answered to one of my posts in the forum in french...