Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Examples or manual on using Web services lookup?

Unhappy Examples or manual on using Web services lookup?

I need to integrate data from Salesforce and our local database. To pull data from Salesforce I have to use their API - I CANNOT connect directly to their database. Salesforce provides a wsdl file for this purpose. I can load it using the Web Services lookup object and can see the various operations. However when I try any of them other than a simple login I get "Unexpected error in : java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1"

Are there any example ktr files out there, or a manual, that I can use to figure out how to make this work? Or what the error actually means?

Thanks in advance.

Joe Long

webservices in PDI are still experimental... following is still open e.g. http://jira.pentaho.org/browse/PDI-21

For salesforce one of the developers developed a step (samatar)... but I don't know the state of that one ;-)

Regards,
    Sven

Hi,

SalesForceInput step works well as a step within PDI code.
    I will move it to a plugin soon (lack of time) :-)

Rgds

Samatar

Joe,

If you want to test, please provide me your email, i will send you a modified jar.

Rgds

Default Salesforce ETL

I am looking to use pentaho to accomplish ETL between a MySQL and Salesforce. Really I think the same kind of functionality that is available between databases already supported by pentaho is what I am after but cannot find documentation nor discussion of this. Does anyone know if it is in the works or already in beta? I would be a happy tester

Thanks,

Dave

For sure Dave,
    A salesforce input (only read for the moment) plugin should be available soon.

rgds

Hi,

Any progress on the salesforce plugin? We've just rolled out our salesforce and now there's a need to transfer data from the DB into it on a regular basis. Ideal for kettle i think

Dan

There's a plugin for it at http://wiki.pentaho.org/display/EAI/...ation+Plug-Ins

But it's not yet converted to 3.0 it seems

Regards,
    Sven

Ah i see, we're looking to put data into salesforce though, so that one is the other way around.

I think we'll have to look at using the webservice directly and give that a try..