Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Refresh JPivot HELP!!!

Default Refresh JPivot HELP!!!

Refresh JPivot HELP!!!
    Hi all, I have a blocking problem. I have done a JPivot table which works well and is displayed in a jsp page.This table is build thanks to a SQL table.

What I want is : updating the JPIvot table thanks to some filters of the JSP page. So thanks to a SQL stored procedure, I fill the SQL table.

The problem is that when I enter my parameters in the filters and run the procedure, the SQL table is well updated , however the JPIvot table is not refreshed and still have the old data.

How can I do to refresh the JPivot table?
    Should I compile the cube or something like that?

Thanks in advance.

Just speculating here, but I believe the Mondrian cache is what is troubling you. Mondrian has an aggregate cache that remembers previous queries run by users. When subsequent queries are run, Mondrian looks to see if the query results are already in cache and returns from the cache where possible rather than going back to the database.

Try disabling the Mondrian cache by adding the following line to your mondrian.properties file (.\pentaho-demo\jboss\bin):

mondrian.rolap.star.disableCaching=true

HTH,
    Jake

Default Refresh JPivot HELP!!!

Hi, thanks for your answer. I actually use the server Tomcat instead of JBoss and I don't have any mondrian.properties file.
    I try to add one in my folder
    C:\projet pentaho\apache-tomcat-5.5.20\bin
    with
    "# mondrian.properties
    mondrian.result.limit=0
    mondrian.trace.level=1
    mondrian.rolap.star.disableCaching=true
    "
    but it does nothing. Any idea?

Thanks a lot.

In case you still have the problem, just flush the mondrian cache by using this line at the end of your JSP that updates your database.

Code:
     mondrian.rolap.cache.CachePool.instance().flush();
    then reload your Jpivot table, and normally the modification is repercuted.

Default Jpivot refresh problem

Hi:

I am having the same problem. This is seen even in the samples Jpivot. I have added mondrian.rolap.star.disableCaching=true to mondrian.properties file.

The problem I have is that a drill down table that is generated as part of one Jpivot continues to be visible when another Jpivot is run. eg. the Analysis slice and dice example drill down continues to show in the analysis Jpivot of steel wheels.

Can any one please let me know what needs to be done to 'generate' a refresh or 'clear mondrain cache'?

Thank you

Regards
    Sunil