Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: DB Lookup Cache - TimedRow exception

  1. #1

    Default DB Lookup Cache - TimedRow exception

    Getting a weird error when I enable caching for a specific field/scenario.

    *11 char string that is a numeric value zero-buffered.
    *MS SQL server lookup.

    The actual field values and/or DB values do not seem to have an impact (along the lines of 11 char numeric value), but the cache **size** definately triggers when the TimedRow error occurs.

    I have two previous DB Lookup w/ cache (to MySQL DB servers) that I can not force the above error to occur (these have relatively normal, non-numeric values). But with the above scenario, something is happening.

    error:
    =============
    2007/08/14 15:55:52 - Check Value.0 - ERROR (version 2.5.0, build 25002 from 2007/05/04 00:20:04) : An error cause this step to stop: be.ibridge.kettle.core.TimedRow
    2007/08/14 15:55:52 - Check Value.0 - ERROR (version 2.5.0, build 25002 from 2007/05/04 00:20:04) : java.lang.ClassCastException: be.ibridge.kettle.core.TimedRow
    2007/08/14 15:55:52 - Check Value.0 - ERROR (version 2.5.0, build 25002 from 2007/05/04 00:20:04) : java.lang.ClassCastException: be.ibridge.kettle.core.TimedRow
    2007/08/14 15:55:52 - Check Value.0 - ERROR (version 2.5.0, build 25002 from 2007/05/04 00:20:04) : at be.ibridge.kettle.core.Row.equals(Row.java:664)
    2007/08/14 15:55:52 - Check Value.0 - ERROR (version 2.5.0, build 25002 from 2007/05/04 00:20:04) : at java.util.Hashtable.remove(Hashtable.java:441)
    2007/08/14 15:55:52 - Check Value.0 - ERROR (version 2.5.0, build 25002 from 2007/05/04 00:20:04) : at be.ibridge.kettle.trans.step.databaselookup.DatabaseLookup.lookupValues(DatabaseLookup.java:273)
    2007/08/14 15:55:52 - Check Value.0 - ERROR (version 2.5.0, build 25002 from 2007/05/04 00:20:04) : at be.ibridge.kettle.trans.step.databaselookup.DatabaseLookup.processRow(DatabaseLookup.java:302)
    2007/08/14 15:55:52 - Check Value.0 - ERROR (version 2.5.0, build 25002 from 2007/05/04 00:20:04) : at be.ibridge.kettle.trans.step.databaselookup.DatabaseLookup.run(DatabaseLookup.java:385)
    ==============

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,882

    Default

    Try to run your transformation with safe mode on.

    Do you have the same with version 3.0?

    Regards,
    Sven

  3. #3

    Default

    Tested safe mode on, and an 8/6 snapshot of 2.5.1, both with the same errors.

    Not setup for 3.0 yet, I'll give it a go when I have a moment.

    However, I have noticed that if I set the cache really high, high enough that it does not need to reap any cached values for my test scenarios, the problem does not occur.

    And, for anyone else running into this problem, disabling the cache also prevents problem.

    Guess is either the all numeric field values, or, more likely, something with MS SQL 2k and/or the jTDS 1.2 drivers.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,882

    Default

    You know the drill... it starts with a J

    Regards,
    Sven

  5. #5

    Default

    Always good to do a forum sanity check before touching Jira =D


    http://jira.pentaho.org/browse/PDI-45
    Last edited by dhartford; 08-14-2007 at 04:59 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Privacy Policy | Legal Notices | Safe Harbor Privacy Policy

Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Hitachi Vantara Corporation. All Rights Reserved.