Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Deployment on JBoss 4.2.0.GA fails due to LinkgageError

Default Deployment on JBoss 4.2.0.GA fails due to LinkgageError

I have problems deploying Pentaho 1.6.0.RC1 to JBoss 4.2.0.GA.

I get a linkage error:

23:00:15,109 ERROR [[/pentaho]] Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Unexpected exception parsing XML document from ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-acegi-security.xml]; nested exception is java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when resolving method "javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.setErrorHandler(Lorg/xml/sax/ErrorHandlerV" the class loader (instance of org/jboss/mx/loading/UnifiedClassLoader3) of the current class, org/springframework/beans/factory/xml/DefaultDocumentLoader, and the class loader (instance of <bootloader>) for resolved class, javax/xml/parsers/DocumentBuilder, have different Class objects for the type org/xml/sax/ErrorHandler used in the signature
    Caused by:
    java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when resolving method "javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.setErrorHandler(Lorg/xml/sax/ErrorHandlerV" the class loader (instance of org/jboss/mx/loading/UnifiedClassLoader3) of the current class, org/springframework/beans/factory/xml/DefaultDocumentLoader, and the class loader (instance of <bootloader>) for resolved class, javax/xml/parsers/DocumentBuilder, have different Class objects for the type org/xml/sax/ErrorHandler used in the signature
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultDocumentLoader.createDocumentBuilder(DefaultDocumentLoader.java:128)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultDocumentLoader.loadDocument(DefaultDocumentLoader.java:76)

The problem seems to be that the spring libaries where compiled against a different xml-apis/xerces version than those supplied with JBoss 4.2.0.GA. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Regards

Felix

If I include the xerces and jdom implmentaions supplied by pentaho into the pentaho.war the JSF configure listener will fail:
    Code:
    java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl cannot be cast to javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory
        at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance(SAXParserFactory.java:128)
        at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener$WebXmlProcessor.getConfiguredFactory(ConfigureListener.java:2048)
        at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener$WebXmlProcessor.scanForFacesServlet(ConfigureListener.java:2022)
        at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener$WebXmlProcessor.<init>(ConfigureListener.java:1996)
        at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener.contextInitialized(ConfigureListener.java:265)
        at org.jboss.web.jsf.integration.config.JBossJSFConfigureListener.contextInitialized(JBossJSFConfigureListener.java:69)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3854)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4359)
    Regards

Felix

I solved this one: Tidy.jar contain org.xml.sax.* after deleting these the classloading issues will go away.

It does not yet deploy because it hangs during deployment. Will start a different thread for that one.

Regards

Felix

FYI: We are working to upgrade our PCI to be based on JBoss AS 4.2.1 + JBoss Portal 2.6.1 for RC2.

The upgrade to JBoss 4.2.1 and JBoss Portal 2.6.1 is complete. The upgraded PCI is in the trunk of pentaho-preconfiguredinstall project in Subversion and will be included in RC2.

Default I still have this issue

I am using the latest code a of Sept 11th. I still have the linkage error when deploying to JBoss 4.2.1 GA I am running the deployment_build and producing a "no portal" war

Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by bpair; 09-11-2007 at 04:15 PM.

Default Can you tell me what you changed?

Maybe I can get up and running if I know what you changed to fix the problem in the PCI.

Can you verify that Tidy.jar is not in WEB-INF/lib?

Default Tidy is there

Tidy is there. I tried removing the sax files in the Tidy jar, as suggested below, but then got a NoClassDefFoundError for or3/w3c/dom/Document.

Default Removed Tidy - New Error

I removed Tidy entirely and no more linkage error. I did get the following error which i will post in a separate thread.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/ehcache/CacheException

thanks for your help.