Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: mysql connection

Default mysql connection

I have intalled pentho 1.6 and I have installed the database dump into my mysqldatabase. I'm working on a Ubuntu machine with mysql 5.0. I have check the -ds.xml files to check for connection parameters and even confirmed that the pentaho_user has the password "password" but I still get the error: Error: SQLBaseComponent.ERROR_0007 - [es_258] Connection to data source is not valid (org.pentaho.plugin.sql.SQLLookupRule)
    Error: ConnectFactory.ERROR_0001 - [es_1] Database connection could not be established to: SampleData - org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (java.sql.SQLException: S1000 General error java.lang.RuntimeException: database alias does not exist); - nested throwable: (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (java.sql.SQLException: S1000 General error java.lang.RuntimeException: database alias does not exist)) (org.pentaho.plugin.sql.SQLLookupRule)

Can anyone help me?? I should have ready a demo in 2 weeks and this is not working so smooth as I thought.

Thanks

Iván Gómez ----> LAF

wgorman Guest

Are you working with the demo version of the platform or a j2ee deployment? If you post your SampleData-ds.xml file I'll take a look and see if I can figure out the problem.

Will