Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Extending the Design Studio

Default Extending the Design Studio

Hello.

I have created a Pentaho Component to access FreeAnalysisWeb from an xaction, and i would like to have a more user-friendly interface than the "CustomComponent" details page.

I've found i have to create a "DetailPage" like the ones in org.pentaho.designstudio.editors.actionsequence.pages.actions.details but i can't figure how to code it. It seems like i need to extend org.pentaho.actionsequence.dom.ActionDefinition but i can't find the source for this package.

Please, could someone help me to understand how to write a new xaction generator ? My needs are really simple: the component itself only require a few inputs, and a single String output.

Thanks

Ronan Dunklau
    BPM-CONSEIL
    www.bpm-conseil.com

This is a test reply.

I finally achieved this goal. If someone is interested i could explain it. But i was a bit annoyed to have to modify classes spread in a lot of pentaho packages.

For example, it would be really good to have the component name/ component class mapping defined outside RuntimeBase class, for example in a config file ....

Ronan Dunklau
    BPM-CONSEIL
    www.bpm-conseil.com

Hi Ronan,

that would be very interesting, maybe you could write it down in the form of a tech tip and post it on the Wiki ?!?

I also would love to check out your solution, using FreeAnalysis as the OLAP frontend. Are you willing to share this?

Thank you!

Best regards,
    Ingo

Please explain me how to do it and i'll write that "tech tip".

If you want to test that, i think there won't be any problem but i have to find a way to share that. We have set up a "custom" version of the pentaho BI platform including FreeAnalysisWeb and the component so the easiest for you to test would be to get that version.

Ronan Dunklau
    BPM-CONSEIL
    www.bpm-conseil.com

You can add that "tech tip" to the Pentaho Documentation Wiki. You'll find the tech tips at: http://wiki.pentaho.org/display/COM/Technical+Tips
    If you have a user set up for the wiki you, can add a page and inset your stuff. I'm sure Doug Moran will be glad to assist you, too.

Where would I get that version? I would surely like to give it a shot and try it out.