Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: jboss 4.0.5.ga notes w/ 1.6 RC1

Solved. I was getting the HibernateUtil exception (class not found) because my database was not running (!!!)

I had a connection error exception thrown before, but I missed it.

dhartford, I'm sure your problem is not as simple as this, but at least I've (accidentally) shown that this error may be related not to jars but to the database structure itself. Try to use the database from hsql to see if it works and only after switch to mysql.

Good luck
    Pedro Alves
    Meet us on ##pentaho, a FreeNode irc channel

did you get past the httpclients problem first?

The hibernateUtil being related to not connecting to the database is interesting. I remember someone else's post about problems related to that...but it looks like I'm o.k. on that side (my recent deployed have not hit that yet, but that is FILE-BASED repo only, haven't gotten to DB-based repo testing yet).

I was trying to be pro-active, and solve one problem, move to the next problem, try to solve that one, then 3rd one in hit a bottleneck...but then at that point, the first problem hasn't been officially-solved in SVN yet. So, I need to start taking it slower ;-)
    Last edited by dhartford; 09-28-2007 at 09:11 AM.

But I'm also using a file-based repo, and I got that error nonetheless. No, I had no errors related to httpclients. I'm using the PCI.

Even using file-based repository, try pointing hibernate.cfg.xml to hypersonic from pentaho-data. It's a 1 minute test, and nothing to loose Good luck
    Pedro Alves
    Meet us on ##pentaho, a FreeNode irc channel

I have not recieved the HibernateUtil problem for a while yet. I'm using the j2ee-deployment package to build EAR's for jboss 4.0.5.

when browsing to /home after login, should get the httpclients error.

This post is a response to post #19 in this thread by dhartford.

I have successfully logged in to the platform without exceptions using both the file-based and db-based repositories. Here is my setup:

* Java version 1.5.0_11-b03
    * Jboss 4.0.5.GA, no portal, no library modifications.
    * pentaho_j2ee_deployments-1.6.0.RC3.844
    * MySQL 5
    * Ant target: build-all (used jboss-mysql5-no-portal ear)

Here are the modifications that I made (after building):

* Removed *.txt java modules in pentaho.ear/META-INF/application.xml.
    * Added java.io.tmpdir and MaxPermSize parameters to JAVA_OPTS in bin/run.conf. See the JAVA_OPTS here.
    * Unzipped pentaho-solutions next to the jboss directory.
    * Dropped MySQL driver into server/default/lib.
    * Copied *-ds.xml from pentaho-res to server/default/deploy.
    * Changed classloader config: (This page says that when using an EAR, any classloading specified in WAR has no affect.)
    ** Removed classloader lines from pentaho.ear/pentaho.war/WEB-INF/jboss-web.xml.
    ** Added classloader lines to pentaho.ear/META-INF/jboss-app.xml.
    * Turned on db-based repository in pentaho.xml.
    * Did a refresh of the default ACLs. See the "manual method" here.

Quote Originally Posted by mlowery View Post
    * Changed classloader config: (This page says that when using an EAR, any classloading specified in WAR has no affect.)
    ** Removed classloader lines from pentaho.ear/pentaho.war/WEB-INF/jboss-web.xml.
    ** Added classloader lines to pentaho.ear/META-INF/jboss-app.xml.
    Thanks Mat,
    That is consistent with my findings regarding classloading (if you leave the classloading in the jboss-web.xml, it will complain but still load correctly). Is there any way to have this be part of the EAR building scripts (j2ee-deployment, if PCI is fine as pmalves states that may not need modifications) so others do not run into these challenges?

As of build 838, the HibernateUtil/Template Rendering problem seems to have been corrected. Previous linkage issues related to Tidy.jar have been corrected. Classloading as Matt described to correct the httpclient version-conflicts in the classpath is the last (known) missing piece.

If your issue is resolved, can you mark BISERVER-230 resolved?

Done, with the note that dom4j problem resolved, but Pentaho 1.6 will not deploy correctly without the classLoading configuration.

Created BISERVER-391.