Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Kettle/Kitchen and simple-jndi

Default Kettle/Kitchen and simple-jndi

Hi!

I've made some Kettle Transforms and Kettle Jobs using simple-jndi (my simple-jndi/jdbc.properties is well defined).
    Know I need to manually execute some of them with kitchen.sh on a distant server.
    On the remote host I set my ~/.kettle/kettle.properties like that:
    Code:
    java.naming.factory.initial=org.osjava.sj.SimpleContextFactory
    org.osjava.sj.root=./simple-jndi
    But I have the following error:
    Code:
    Invalid JNDI connectionXXX: DatasourceHelper.ERROR_0001 - [fr_116] Invalid DataSource Name: XXX
    where XXX is the JNDI datasource name.

So I tried in spoon and I noticed I got the same error on the first connexion to the DB. In fact I need to test the DB parameters in the datasource configuration once each time I launch spoon.

Is someone using Kitchen with simple-jndi datasources can help me because:
    - I don't wan't to open each Kettle Transformation to respecify the datasources
    - using Spoon with export display (ssh -X) is possible only on certain servers and isn't a scriptable solution (ex: with cronjob).

Thanks.

I would add your comments to http://jira.pentaho.org/browse/PDI-46 and vote for it.

Regards,
    Sven

It's done.

Thanks

I voted for it as well. Problem persists with 2.5.1. Having JNDI connections work with Kitchen would be great.

Smile my solution

I know how to run the transformations or jobs based JNDI for Pan or Kitchen. You should set some properties in order that Pan or Kitchen can know the informations of the JNDI. They are as follows,

1.java.naming.factory.initial. For example, "org.osjava.sj.SimpleContextFactory".
    2.org.osjava.sj.root. For example, "D:/pentaho/pentaho1.53/kettle250/simple-jndi".
    3.org.osjava.sj.delimiter. For example, "/".

Therefore, I change some codes in the Pan.bat or Kitchen.bat.

set OPT=-Xmx512M -cp %CLASSPATH% -Djava.library.path=libswt\win32\ -DKETTLE_HOME="%

KETTLE_HOME%" -DKETTLE_REPOSITORY="%KETTLE_REPOSITORY%" -DKETTLE_USER="%KETTLE_USER%" -

DKETTLE_PASSWORD="%KETTLE_PASSWORD%"
    -Djava.naming.factory.initial="org.osjava.sj.SimpleContextFactory" -Dorg.osjava.sj.root="D:/pentaho/pentaho1.53/kettle250/simple-jndi" -Dorg.osjava.sj.delimiter="/"

Then everything is ok.

I've done the same thing after posting my issue.
    It works very well.

Thumbs up

worked for me as well, thanks Tom.

Default Kitchen and simple-jndi on Linux

I used this solution on Windows and was successfully. How can I modify Kitchen.sh for Linux

Default Feature request PDI-1617

PDI-1617 doesn't cover how to make this change in Linux/Unix.