Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: publish

Default publish

Hi,

I am getting a error when I try to publish a cube.I have checked publish_config.xml.I started the BI server and publish password and server password.
    But i am getting the following error.
    publish failed.Verify your login and publish password and make sure your pentaho Bi server is running.

Even preview is also not activated.
    I am using cubedesigner-0.7.2.0-linux .What might be the problem.

I would like to add a measure called count which counts the number of rows summed .Can we add this mesure to fact table in the cube designer?

Thanks
    Sreelatha

Hi,
    Anybody please help me.

Thanks
    Sreelatha

Default Publish Failed.

Hi Sreelatha!

I'm having the same problem too whenever I click the publish button.

Try setting a password in the publisher_config.xml file.

Hopefully this could help you with your problem. It made my Cube Designer work once, but when i tried it again, the problem came back. I don't know why.

I'm still trying to figure out what the cause of this problem is. I hope someone could help us with this problem.

-Roy
    Last edited by roren; 08-24-2007 at 06:17 AM. Reason: I misread the previous post.

Hi,

I tried changing the password in publish-config.xml and also created different cubes but still getting the same problem .

Thanks
    Sreelatha

Can you please try this one for me.. I' ve been thinking about the 'Server UserID' and 'Server Password' thing the whole weekend.. if the 'Publish Password' is the one that's been set in the publisher_config.xml,
    then the "Server UserID and Password' must be an identification required for logging-into the server.

If you have noticed at the sample Portal in the Pentaho Demo.. there's a login UserID 'Suzy' or something, and then the password is I guess 'password'. I'm not sure so please try it for me.

I want to try this one out but my Cube Designer is in my laptop in the office, and I won't be able to go to the office until the day after tomorrow.

I hope this works. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roren View Post
    if the 'Publish Password' is the one that's been set in the publisher_config.xml,
    then the "Server UserID and Password' must be an identification required for logging-into the server.
    I didn't follow the beginning of this, but the above is true
    Pedro Alves
    Meet us on ##pentaho, a FreeNode irc channel

Hi,

I tried as you have mentioned .But the problem is still there.

Thanks
    Sreelatha

Hi,

When i tried to publish to the server using same userid and passwords from Pentaho metadata editor the publish was successful.But cube designer is giving me the problem.

Thanks
    Sreelatha

hi,

I tried NOT supplying any thing for the UserID and Password, it did work, and I was able to publish my Cube successfully.

There must've been a conflict between the two windows services I've installed. (JBoss & Tomcat). I tried uninstalling Tomcat and everything worked just fine.

Regards.

Hi,

Did you tried it on Tomcat ?
    I tried without giving username and password .But the problem is not solved.

Thanks
    Sreelatha