Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Dial Properties

Question Dial Properties

Now that i have Dials working on my dashboard I have a couple attibute questions. How do I get the actual value that is represented on the dial to also be printed. The only way I have been able to do this is to include the value as part of the <title>. I would much rather prefer to have a title on the top of the dial and then the value printed below the dial. Including the value in the title doesn't look that good. Looking at the Dashboard building guide for the settings for dials, I don't see anything that addresses this. Howerer, on the portal example there are 4 dials for the head count varianaces and they have the variance percent below the dial and the department name above the dial. This is the type of presentation I am looking for.

Also some charts have addidition settings such as:

<title-position>
    <subtitle>
    <title-font>

These all don't seem to work for me on Dial charts.

Question Any infomation on this ? + another ?

In addition to the strange behavior of the value of the dial not being printed beneath the dial (Seems to work fine when sampledial.widget.xml is used...I am using an xaction file via the ChartHelper.doAction call).....I also can't get a drill-url to work on the dial. I want to be able to click on the dial and open up another analysis (most likely a JPivot session), but maybe also a report. Anyway, I am able to do tis for a Pie Chart and Bar Chart (modifying the SampleDashboard.jsp) I bring up a JPivot session when a user clicks on Pie Wedge or Bar in my bar chart...it works beautifully.

Tryed to do the same thing for the Dial but it's not working. I am using the following jsp code:

parameters.setParameter( "drill-url", "Pivot?solution=samples&path=ppro&action=testpivot2.xaction" );

This works fine for the Pie and Bar charts but not the dial. I don;t even at this point need ot pass in any input paramters to teh JPivot xaction file, I just want to bring up an existing xaction file when the user clicks on the dial.

Thank you,
    Bill