Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: xactionJFreeReport.ERROR_0007 - Could not parse report

Default xactionJFreeReport.ERROR_0007 - Could not parse report

Hi, I have developed a report with report designer. With report designer preview functionality there is no error, everything is ok. Bu when I publish report to server I am taking an error like this:

Failed Error: JFreeReport.ERROR_0007 - Could not parse report samples/reporting/FATURA.xml - java.lang.NullPointerException (org.pentaho.plugin.jfreereport.components.JFreeReportLoadComponent) Debug: Starting execute of samples/reporting/FATURA.xaction (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: Getting runtime context and data (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: Loading action sequence definition file (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: SolutionRepository.DEBUG_FILE_PATH - getFile path=/home/pentaho/pentaho-opensource-1.2.1/pentaho-solutions/samples/reporting/FATURA.xaction (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug: Adding variable source request to parameter outputType (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug: Adding default value of "html" to parameter outputType (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug: Adding variable source runtime to parameter outputTypeList (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug: Adding default value of "[{report-output-desc=PDF, report-output-type-id=pdf}, {report-output-desc=Excel, report-output-type-id=xls}, {report-output-desc=Word, report-output-type-id=rtf}, {report-output-desc=Web Page, report-output-type-id=html}, {report-output-desc=Comma Separated Value, report-output-type-id=csv}]" to parameter outputTypeList (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug: Adding variable source response to parameter report (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug: audit: instanceId=390309d7-5613-11dc-bf6c-15c687861845, objectId=org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_start (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Debug: SolutionRepository.DEBUG_FILE_PATH - getFile path=/home/pentaho/pentaho-opensource-1.2.1/pentaho-solutions (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Error: JFreeReport.ERROR_0007 - Could not parse report samples/reporting/FATURA.xml - java.lang.NullPointerException (org.pentaho.plugin.jfreereport.components.JFreeReportLoadComponent)
    Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0012 - ActionDefinition for JFreeReportComponent did not execute successfully (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0007 - Action sequence execution failed (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)

Server Version 1.2.1 build 625 GA

----------------------

What I have to do, what is the wrong?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Try newer Report Studio

Which release of the Pentaho BI Server are you using an which version of report designer. d

It seems, that deport dedigner 1.2 and BI suite 1.6 are not working together.
    Try a newer version of Report Designer.

best regards,
    Jörg

Default Report Designer 1.6

Hi
    I am facing the same issue when opening a report published using Report Designer 1.6.
    It is previewed and published successfully but unable to open properly.

THis is the error:
    FailedError: JFreeReport.ERROR_0007 - Could not parse report samples\reporting\Wed22.xml - java.lang.NullPointerException (org.pentaho.plugin.jfreereport.components.JFreeReportLoadComponent)Debug: Starting execute of samples/reporting/Wed22.xaction (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: Getting runtime context and data (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: Loading action sequence definition file (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: SolutionRepository.DEBUG_FILE_PATH - getFile path=C:\ReddyRelated\Technical\Pentaho\pentaho_demo-1.2.1.625-GA\pentaho-demo\pentaho-solutions\samples\reporting\Wed22.xaction (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug: Adding variable source request to parameter outputType (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug: Adding default value of "pdf" to parameter outputType (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug: Adding variable source runtime to parameter outputTypeList (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug: Adding default value of "[{report-output-desc=PDF, report-output-type-id=pdf}, {report-output-desc=Excel, report-output-type-id=xls}, {report-output-desc=Word, report-output-type-id=rtf}, {report-output-desc=Web Page, report-output-type-id=html}, {report-output-desc=Comma Separated Value, report-output-type-id=csv}]" to parameter outputTypeList (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug: Adding variable source response to parameter content (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug: audit: instanceId=c7c41de3-7c87-11dc-b541-0589a17dfdc0, objectId=org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_start (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Debug: SolutionRepository.DEBUG_FILE_PATH - getFile path=C:\ReddyRelated\Technical\Pentaho\pentaho_demo-1.2.1.625-GA\pentaho-demo\pentaho-solutions (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Error: JFreeReport.ERROR_0007 - Could not parse report samples\reporting\Wed22.xml - java.lang.NullPointerException (org.pentaho.plugin.jfreereport.components.JFreeReportLoadComponent)
    Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0012 - ActionDefinition for JFreeReportComponent did not execute successfully (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0007 - Action sequence execution failed (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)

Server Version 1.2.1 build 625 GA

Any pointers ?

thankyou
    Vidya

There is a golden rule of all software engineering:

You cannot use newer data-files (like report definitions) on older versions of a product. Software may be backward compatible, so that it can read files generated with older design tools, but no software ever will be forward compatible. It is not possible to anticipate and provide features of newer versions. This would involve the use of a time-machine during the development, which is difficult at least.

The last time I powered my time-machine on, it caused the Einstein-universe to collapse and after that project management forced me to rebuild the universe in 7 days (release dates, you know). OK, I managed to do it in 6 days, leaving me one day to rest, but the whole job was cheap hacking and the final product therefore has many obvious flaws and bugs. However, as the universe is now already in production now we cannot take it offline for some maintainance, although it would require a whole lot of patches and a reboot or two ..

If you use 1.6 design tools, then you cant run the result on a 1.2 platform. You have to use a 1.6 platform. However, using the designtools of 1.2 to build reports for a 1.6 platform is ok.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Question which platform uses PentahoReportDesigner 1.6.0.348 GA?

Hi,

I'm having the same error, and I don't understand if I'm using PentahoReportDesigner 1.6.0.348 GA and PentahoDesignStudio 1.6 why the report definition generated by PentahoReportDesigner is and obsolete version and even if I try to updated when opening in the PentahoDesignStudio still doesn't work.

I really appreciate any guidance about this issue.

Well, it is no obsolete version, it is a *newer* version.

The server version listed in the log-extracts is 1.2.x, which was released almost one year ago. Since then, we added a lot of new features to the engine, the BI platform, in short: To every tool. The *old* server cannot execute report definitions that contain references to features that did not exist when that server version had been originally written.

To make old versions of a software accept datafiles created by a newer version of the software, please send a personal request to deliver a time machine to the Orlando Office of Pentaho by sending a e-mail including the request to your favorite supernatural entity.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Hi, I have exactly the same error, with the same staktrace, and I'm running the following versions:
    BI server: 1.6.0.GA.863
    ReportDesigner: 1.6.0 build 348

what about this?

thank u very much

Default Not able to see the Pivot

Hi, I have deployed pentaho as part of my appilcation, Navigate.jsp page is working fine without any error, whenever I click on the Pivot I am getting following error

com.tonbeller.wcf.controller.EmptyThreadLocalStackException

What i have to do, please provide me some solution, i am meeting my deadlines...

Please.........................