Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Job Execution

Default Job Execution

Hi - I am not sure if I correctly understand how jobs work. Steps of a job are connected using hops for which one can specify evaluation criteria of 'unconditional', follow 'when result is true', 'follow when result is false'.

I had assumed that this related to successful / failed completion of prior step. This does not appear to be correct. I had a situation in testing yesterday where a step failed, and the job continued.

Could you please shed some light on how the job hops work and how to specify that a job should stop on error / failure.

As an FYI - the job referenced above had two steps. First that loaded data from file into staging table. Second performed validation of the loaded data. The load failed due to a constraint however validation step executed.

Thanks.

I had assumed that this related to successful / failed completion of prior step. This does not appear to be correct. I had a situation in testing yesterday where a step failed, and the job continued.
    It should be related to successful/failed completion. But it depends on what the step considers success/failure. Try to make the simplest job that shows your problem and make a jira of it.

Regards,
    Sven