Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Pentaho system directory not found

Default Pentaho system directory not found

i attach fyi a word doc with a screen print of the result i am getting.
    anyone got any ideas?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Could it be that you have not set up the solution folder?

Have a look at the Wiki

Default cant connect to mysql database

hi
    thanks for the reply.
    just to recap: the objective is start the pentaho server using the mysql database. to do this, i had to seed the mysql database manually ( i did not use the hypersonic/kettle method, because i could not start hypersonic).
    so i used the mysql sample data dump from the 1.6GC1 - i hope the sample data for 1.6 is compatible with 1.2?

next, i got the two additional zip files for pentaho-solutions and pentaho-data, and unzipped them as subdirectories of webapps/pentaho.

so, now we got the following directories underneath /usr/local/apache-tomcat:
    ../webapps/pentaho (which also contains the WEB-INF directory for the server and other files in the bi root directory)
    ../webapps/pentaho-data
    ../webapps/pentaho-solutions

i attach a screen output of how far it got this time.
    thnx for your time
    mr

Hello,

pentaho-data and Pentaho solution should be outside the webpps folder, best is if there are siblings of the application server folder. In your case it could look something like this:

/Apache Software Foundation
    /tomcat
    /pentaho-data
    /pentaho-solutions

If you want to put the pentaho-solutions folder somewhere else, you have to configure it: http://wiki.pentaho.org/display/Pent...+the+Solutions

Since you have the web application as such running and configured to use MySQL this should do the trick and you actually don't need the pentaho-data folder.

Default now i cant see the images.

i attach another set of output fyi.
    still running version 1.2 GA of pentaho BI.

also, below: <tomcat-root> = /usr/local/apache-tomcat

i made two changes since my last post.
    - copy the mysql jdbc driver into <tomcat-root>/common/lib
    - recursively chown <tomcat-root>/webapps/pentaho
    i can now see that the applicaiton is connecting to mysql ok.
    the chown enabled the tomcat user to write into the pentaho area ( i assume this is actually into the pentaho-solutions area ... log files and images i imagine - haven't got any images yet).

i tried moving the pentaho-solutions directory, but you have to change the web.xml file beneath pentaho/WEB-INF/web.xml and point the solutions-path value at it anyway. turns out that a bland value of "pentaho-solutions" works ok, so I left it.

changing (recursive) ownership of webapps/pentaho to tomcat was necessary, to enable the application to respond without an error.

so, i am now getting a home page, but no images, and still shaky navigation to the admin area.

does this look familiar?