Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Problem with HelloWorld.xaction

Question Problem with HelloWorld.xaction

I'm following a guide of Pentaho (Creating Pentaho Solutions). I downloaded pentaho_demo-1.5.4.716-0.tar.gz, decompressed it, started the demo, I'm able to see the pentaho demo. Now I want to make the first example in the guide (HelloWorld.xaction). On the root of pentaho.war I created a directory, say: sample, inside sample, another directory, like onepath, and inside this directory I have the HelloWorld.xaction:

Code:
    $ ls pentaho.war/sample/onepath/HelloWorld.xaction -l
    -rw-r--r-- 1 antoranz antoranz 753 2007-08-30 20:26 pentaho.war/sample/onepath/HelloWorld.xaction
    Now, I browse to:
    http://localhost:8080/pentaho/ViewAc...oWorld.xaction

And it fails miserably:
    Code:
    Failed[es_161] Error: SolutionRepository.ERROR_0001 - [es_36] File does not exist sample/onepath/HelloWorld.xaction (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)[es_116] Debug: [es_21] Starting execute of sample/onepath/HelloWorld.xaction (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_30] Getting runtime context and data (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_33] Loading action sequence definition file (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
    [es_161] Error: SolutionRepository.ERROR_0001 - [es_36] File does not exist sample/onepath/HelloWorld.xaction (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    [es_161] Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0005 - [es_29] Action sequence not found (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)

[es_41] Server Version 1.5.4 build 716 0

How do I provide the location of the xaction in this case to ViewAction?

Exclamation Wrong Folder

Hello,

Pentaho uses a solution repository to store the solutions. In the file based version it is a folder outside of the Application server. When you decompress the demo version it is a folder called pentaho solutions. (.../pentaho-demo/pentaho-solutions/)

Have a look at the following guide in the Pentaho Wiki.

Best regards,
    Ingo