Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Running Under Xcode/Eclipse

Default Running Under Xcode/Eclipse

In an attempt to create an 'ETLRunner' class that will execute a predefined .ktr file, I've had little success running under Mac OSX Xcode IDE.
    Has anyone been successful at this? We use Xcode for other java work and I'm wondering if we have to go to Eclipse to get it working at all.

If so what version, setting, special configuration would be needed?

Don't have a Mac, but do you get Spoon running under Xcode. If you do you have a good hunch the problem is in your own code.

Regards,
    Sven

No I'm running Spoon by itself. I was trying to create an ETLRunner class and I'm not sure which compile options I should be using. I get the situation in the debugger where things go crazy when I step through my code which is a simple xform runner.

Must I use Eclipse?

Nothing in Kettle/PDI is directly linked with Eclipse... the only thing in common is probably SWT but this comes from the kettle libswt directory. There's nothing special we set in Eclipse as options (you do need JDK 1.5 for v3).

So what the previous suggestion was, was actually to compile and run spoon via Xcode, and let us know whether that works.

For the rest, what kind of errors do you get?

Regards,
    Sven