Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Connected to AS400

Default Connected to AS400

Hello to all.
    Sorry for my English..
    I try to connected PDI on AS400 database.
    I created a referential on my AS400 database. The tests are OK but at the time of the connection I have the following message:

Impossible of that to connect to this referential.
    The version of the reposotory is 2.2.
    This Kekkle edition requires it to be at least version 2.5

AS400 version : V5R2M0
    Pentaho Data Intregration : 2.5.0

Merci de votre aide

Dominique

"The kekkle edition is 2.2"

The message means that the repository was created with an earlier version of the repository and you need to upgrade the repository first to make it work. When you start up spoon, "edit" the repository, there will be a create/upgrade button... that's the one you have to push.

But be careful, have backups, ...

Regards,
    Sven

Thank you for the interest that you carry to my question.
    If I try to get up to date the referential, I have the following message:

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: Error creating or upgrading repository:

Error inserting row
    [SQL7008] La table R_REP00001 de MUREAU est incorrecte pour cette opération.

at be.ibridge.kettle.repository.dialog.UpgradeRepositoryProgressDialog$1.run(UpgradeRepositoryProgressDialog.java:74)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:369)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:313)
    at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:479)
    at be.ibridge.kettle.repository.dialog.UpgradeRepositoryProgressDialog.open(UpgradeRepositoryProgressDialog.java:82)
    at be.ibridge.kettle.repository.dialog.RepositoryDialog.create(RepositoryDialog.java:449)
    at be.ibridge.kettle.repository.dialog.RepositoryDialog.access$600(RepositoryDialog.java:64)
    at be.ibridge.kettle.repository.dialog.RepositoryDialog$5.handleEvent(RepositoryDialog.java:267)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:938)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3673)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3284)
    at be.ibridge.kettle.repository.dialog.RepositoryDialog.open(RepositoryDialog.java:291)
    at be.ibridge.kettle.repository.dialog.RepositoriesDialog$4.widgetSelected(RepositoriesDialog.java:325)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:227)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:938)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3673)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3284)
    at be.ibridge.kettle.repository.dialog.RepositoriesDialog.open(RepositoriesDialog.java:413)
    at be.ibridge.kettle.spoon.Spoon.main(Spoon.java:7159)
    Caused by: be.ibridge.kettle.core.exception.KettleDatabaseException:
    Error inserting row
    [SQL7008] La table R_REP00001 de MUREAU est incorrecte pour cette opération.

at be.ibridge.kettle.core.database.Database.insertRow(Database.java:1816)
    at be.ibridge.kettle.core.database.Database.insertRow(Database.java:1714)
    at be.ibridge.kettle.core.database.Database.insertRow(Database.java:1697)
    at be.ibridge.kettle.repository.Repository.insertLogEntry(Repository.java:1091)
    at be.ibridge.kettle.repository.Repository.createRepositorySchema(Repository.java:3542)
    at be.ibridge.kettle.repository.dialog.UpgradeRepositoryProgressDialog$1.run(UpgradeRepositoryProgressDialog.java:69)
    ... 20 more
    Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: [SQL7008] La table R_REP00001 de MUREAU est incorrecte pour cette opération.
    at com.ibm.as400.access.JDError.throwSQLException(JDError.java:650)
    at com.ibm.as400.access.JDError.throwSQLException(JDError.java:621)
    at com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCStatement.commonExecute(AS400JDBCStatement.java:914)
    at com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(AS400JDBCPreparedStatement.java:1189)
    at be.ibridge.kettle.core.database.Database.insertRow(Database.java:1774)
    ... 25 more

For " us " of the AS400, to put up to date the referential of the AS400 database doesn't mean much…I am distressed indeed to bore you with my problems.

To note: The R_REP00001 table of the MUREAU library doesn't exist on my AS400.

Dominique

In the documentation there's an upgrade document. If I recall correctly it says that if the upgrade fails, export the repository, create a new one, and re-import. Probably best to try it on some development box.

Regards,
    Sven

Dominique,
    I am also having the same problem earlier and I think there's yet no ways to get the Repository on AS400. The main reason is that the repository database table names are too long for AS400's DB2. The max. length of all libraries and files are limited to 10 char long on AS400.

Below is the post I made eariler:
    http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread...ighlight=as400

If anyone knows how to get around with this, really appreciate it!

Alex