Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Print to spool file and kettle import

Default Print to spool file and kettle import

Hi Guys,

I'm importing a report from an AIX box that dumps it to a unix spool file. In kettle I've seen the paged layout check box and I've set it accordingly, in my printout there are 4 seperate 'pages' and I was hoping that the system would crop out the rubbish in between and the headers at the top of all the pages that as it is fixed width have been mangled by the import as they are too wide.

Is this at all possible or should I just go with what I've got.

Cheers

Tom

What you want to use it for, is not what's it for I think. So YMMV

Regards,
    Sven

Well as my report goes something along the lines of....

rubbish rubbish rubbish

useful data

useful data

Big white gap

More rubbish rubbish rubbish

useful data

useful data

Big white gap

etc etc

I have set the top of the page to cut off the top load of headers and I was hoping that I could chop out the big white gap and the rest of the headers on a reccuring basis.

Cheers

Tom

No, not without "fidgeting" and a good dose of luck. So no.

Regards,
    Sven

oh well, cheers anyway Sven

Tom

As I can't split the file up, I thought it may be a reasonable idea adding a row counter then filtering the rows into certain DB tables.

I don't think its me but when I start adding filters and testing, everything seems fine, but after 3 or 4 filters it stops working on random filters and piping the whole lot to false, its only supposed to be a row counter so i don't get it.

Removing filters doesn't make any difference and every time I try this route it appears that a different filter fails, and removing additional filters makes no difference. But running a preview shows all the data where it should be, working filters and all.

I've attached a dump if anyone fancies troubleshooting this one.

Cheers

Tom
    Last edited by bugg_tb; 11-07-2007 at 04:32 AM.

It would appear to be a small bug, if I change the broken filters names to something else it clunks back into life again.

Weird?

Cheers

Tom

That was your "dose of luck" for today.
    Sven

I can't always fix this,

I've attached a KTR can someone have a look and tell me if I'm doing something stupid or if it is a strange issue. There are 3 chains processing data from a txt input. The 1st and last filter chains, 1 and 3 filter correctly
    the middle one filter 1 2 sends all it's data to the false output, even though the preview of data shows what I am expecting for an output.
    If I play with filter naming or delete an recreate them enough times then they normally start working again but this one wont budge.
    Is there anyway around this or am I stuck?

Cheers

Tom
    Last edited by bugg_tb; 11-07-2007 at 04:32 AM.