Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Job Email problems

Default Job Email problems

I'm having a problem with the Mail step in a Job. I have a job setup such that all failed steps go to a Mail step. That step emails me and is supposed to attach all the logs. It sends the email but there are no attachments. I've tried it as both a single Zip file and as separate files, no luck either way. I've also tried running from both Windows and Linux. What am I missing?

You're clearing the files somewhere?

Regards,
    Sven

Not that I am aware of. Debug logging reveals no failure to open files or anything.

Which version of kettle are you using, and can you attach your job?

Regards,
    Sven

Kettle 2.5.0

Job attached. I changed domain names and host names to protect the innocent.
    Last edited by dgreco3917; 09-11-2007 at 10:39 AM. Reason: had a little too much info in that file

I can't seem to load your kbj file with kettle 2.5.1

What I do see is that in the transformations job entry you have "clear files" set to yes... set it no

Regards,
    Sven

A "Create Directory" job entry.
    Mmm, looks like something that Samatar [w|c]ould write...

:-D

Matt

Hey Matt,
    That's too easy for me :-)

Yeah I added that Create Directory step - it just creates a directory tree if it does not exist, is silent if it does already exist. Pretty easy to implement, but let me know if you want the source for it. Even better would be to have steps that create files (like FTP get and such) automatically create the directory structure if it doesn't exist.

Maybe I'm confused as to the log file attachment feature. Basically when an error occurs during the job, I want as much information as possible to be sent in the error email.

I unchecked "Clear the list of result files before execution" on both of the transformation steps, still no files attached.

I've attached my updated job.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Even better would be to have steps that create files (like FTP get and such) automatically create the directory structure if it doesn't exist.

--> Create file job entry do that (it support VFS).

Rgds

With an on or off switch ... if you run one time in the wrong place you've got a lot of directories to cleanup when directories are created automatically.

Regards,
    Sven

so how about my email problem?

Samatar made a checkin to v2.5.2. And it seems you may have to wait a day or 2, some other things in 2.5.2 have to be rolled back.

Regards,
    Sven