Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Spoon mysteriously hangs at the start of running a transformation.

Default Spoon mysteriously hangs at the start of running a transformation.

I downloaded 2.3.0 and the bug about the memory leak that causes spoon to mysteriously shuts down was now solved. However, when I try run the transformation, it just runs for ultra long time. It consumes 100% cpu power and I cannot use spoon. It seems that it stops responding. I can successfully preview the transformation, I just cant run the actual thing.

My transformation involves reading a text file, filtering rows and putting all the data into a mysql database.

I went back to version 2.2.2 and the same symptoms happened. I cannot identify if this is unique to my pc or just a bug.

Anyone experience this problem?

Default RE: Spoon mysteriously hangs at the start of running a transformation.

how big is this text file?

if it's HUGE then it's probably reading the file and is appearing to hang.

you running on linux or windows. might want to try running it with pan from the command line.

I hope it might help

Nic
    Try not to have too much fun.
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    That guy who shows up here
    and there

I use to run a transformation with sub transformations...
    and spoon hang when i start.
    In my case, it only appears with one trans which contains a lot of steps with sub trans.

So i prefer using kitchen for that one.

Oh..i run on windows

Rgds
    Samatar

The file is about 200MB in size. Well, why is it in the previous versions, the spoon program can be used while running? I think it is better to see the progress than consuming all the cpu power.

Hi,

I got same problem, hang when I ran spoon.
    I use oracle enterprise linux 5 and oracle database 10gR2 as Kettle repository, Kettle 2.5.1, connect with native jdbc.
    Kettle repository was success created. It is always hang up when I create transformation.
    Any one can help?
    Thanks