Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Relative Paths for Transformations in a Job

Default Relative Paths for Transformations in a Job

I want to run my transformations within my job using xml files. When I do so using an absolute path for the file, it works just fine. I want to be able to offer a relative path for the file though, because it is most likely not the case that these jobs will be run my machine.

I tried doing "${Internal.Job.Filename.Directory}/generic.ktr" for the Transformation filename, as the "generic.ktr" was in the same folder as the Job running the transformation.

When I run it, however, it gives me this error "Could not read from "file:///generic.ktr" because it is a not a file." Is the variable ${Internal.Job.Filename.Directory} not properly resolving, or am I wrong in thinking it should point to the directory in which the job exists?

If you're using v2.5 and multiple layers of jobs (job calling job calling transformation e.g.) it's a known problem.
    Fixed in v3.0

By the way "${Internal.Job.Filename.Directory}" normally gets resolved to an absolute path, not a relative one. But I know what you mean

Regards,
    Sven

No nested jobs, just a single job calling a pair of transformations, one after another.

mmmm... save the job, exit spoon, reload and retry... what does that give?

Regards,
    Sven

I'm actually running the job as a file using kitchen instead rather than from spoon. Could this be causing the same issue as nesting jobs with transformations?

Was also a known problem #5704... Solved in 3.0, I'll see how big it is to backport it to 2.5.2

Regards,
    Sven