Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0018 - The requested parameter "deptno" has a NULL value

Smile Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0018 - The requested parameter "deptno" has a NULL value

The scenario is given below.

I created a report for an EMP table using ReportDesigner. I published the same to the BI platform (.xaction got created); I wanted to add a parameter 'deptno' (to filter out the employees of a particular department for display). For this i used Pentaho Design Studio & added the parameter as per steps in the following URL :
    http://community.pentaho.org/techtip...ign_studio.php

When i execute the same thro' Design Studio -> Test it fails with the following error message.

Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0018 - The requested parameter "deptno" has a NULL value (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)

Are there any user guides for Pentaho Design Studio v 1.6 * RC1 or which documentation we should follow for adding parameters to the report?

Please lend your help.

I get exactly the same problem with 1.6 rc1

If i set a default value i get no prompt. If i do not set a default value the prompt/secure filter action throws the error that the parameter has a NULL value...

How can i fix that?

Ciao,
    F

Default same problem

hi.
    im also having the same problem...
    can anybody help me plz.......
    Swami, Sachin

Default Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0018- Same Problem

Hi all!
    i am also getting same error.................... if anybody solved this problem then please let me know.

Thanks & Regards

Yash

You should check on Has Defaul Value checkbox in Default Value section. It should be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by jblackcat View Post
    You should check on Has Defaul Value checkbox in Default Value section. It should be ok.
    Can anyone explain the point of the checkbox, when you always need to specify a default value?
    This is a signature.... everyone gets it.

Join the Unofficial Pentaho IRC channel on freenode.
    Server: chat.freenode.net Channel: ##pentaho

Please try and make an effort and search the wiki and forums before posting!
    Checkout the Saiku, the future of Open Source Interactive OLAP(http://analytical-labs.com)

http://mattlittle.files.wordpress.co...-bananaman.jpg

Smile Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0018 - The requested parameter "deptno" has a NULL value

In my opinion, this is tricky in Secure Filter of Pentaho. You need checked the checkbox for the input which put on Secure Filter only. When pentaho engine starts, it assigns a default value to all components on Secure Filter, so that if you do not check the Default Value checkbox, the input will have default value is NULL. Then Secure Filter will assigned the NULL value into corresponding component. Error .

When you checked on the checkbox, the input have default value is diffence depend on datatype of the input.
    Software Engineer