Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: installation problem

Default installation problem

Hi all,

The problem I have is that I cannot get the very first page of Pentaho when deployed. When I hit http://locahost:8080/pentaho I get the exception:

10:51:53,500 ERROR [[Home]] "Servlet.service()" pour la servlet Home a généré une exception
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
    at org.pentaho.repository.runtime.RuntimeRepository.setSession(RuntimeRepository.java:74)
    at org.pentaho.core.system.PentahoSystem.getRuntimeRepository(PentahoSystem.java:1016)
    at org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine.execute(SolutionEngine.java:178)
    at org.pentaho.ui.component.charting.AbstractChartComponent.getActionData(AbstractChartComponent.java:162)
    at org.pentaho.ui.component.charting.PieDatasetChartComponent.createChart(PieDatasetChartComponent.java:78)
    at org.pentaho.ui.component.charting.PieDatasetChartComponent.getXmlContent(PieDatasetChartComponent.java:162)
    at org.pentaho.ui.XmlComponent.getContent(XmlComponent.java:41)
    at org.pentaho.ui.ChartHelper.doPieChart(ChartHelper.java:125)
    at org.apache.jsp.jsp.Home_jsp._jspService(Home_jsp.java:143)
    at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:334)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    at org.pentaho.core.system.SystemStatusFilter.doFilter(SystemStatusFilter.java:53)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
    at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:432)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I don't know how to fix it.

Thanks

Default What is your config

Don´t is possible obtain help if you don´t say how deploy the plataform

At,

Carlos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
    I use pentaho_j2ee_deployments-1.2.1.625-GA that I've downloaded. I have build the tomcat war and I've deployed it on tomcat 5.x, the OS is WindowsXP.

But the build process gave me that structure:
    C:\pentaho_j2ee_deployments-1.2.1.625-GA\build\pentaho-wars\tomcat with two directories \hsqldb and \mysql5 All of that directory have a pentaho.war file. I don't know which one to deploy exactly.

Thks

Cool Re over pentaho1.2

You work over windows you don´t have big problems on run the plataform.

For what you say, I have to answer how deploy the wars, if you read the documentation will remember that the plataform can work with different databases hsql mysql postgresql oracle etc. When you deploy the plataform with ant example ant war-tomcat-mysql you obtain the directories that you say, and into the wars for the choosed working plataform.

Now you have two alternatives mysql or hsql over build directory whatever is rigth it only depend over what database you have.

For now is all that can say, read again the document manualy deployment of bi plataform, choose what database want to use and try again.

Another cuestion publish it, and sure it has a solution

As far as selecting from hypersonic and mysql, you can select either one and first start the database and then the server. What I need to know is whether you are getting any errors while starting up pentaho. Can you attach the start up logs

Cool response

Yes, When try to deploy de plataform changing the DBMS to postgresql i find that on postgresql all names are in lowercase cause by that i have to change the queries at xactions. further at begining i don´t have how to create de DB´s hibernate quartz and shark are mandatory for the plataform.

Now on wikki you can see documentation about that.

I reproduced the no class def found exception and it was because of not implementing the cache in the hibernate.cfg.xml.

In order to resolve this error you have to place a hibernate cache provider class that you want to use for you environment. For mine I used
    <property name="cache.provider_class">org.hibernate.cache.EhCacheProvider</property>

Let me know if this works for you

Thks for your reply.

The problem is that my databases do not start (I was using start_hypersonic.bat). I get some exceptions. The listing below does not show clearly what exceptions are but I was finding that it can help someone to help because databases are not started.

C:\Documents and Settings\e.etoundi\Mes documents\data\bi\pentaho ops\data\pentaho-data>java -cp lib\hsqldb.jar org.hsqldb.Server -database.0 sampledata\sampledata -dbname.0 sampledata -database.1 shark\shark -dbname.1 shark -database.2 hibernate\hibernate -dbname.2 hibernate -database.3 quartz\quartz -dbname.3 quartz
    [Server@712c4e]: [Thread[main,5,main]]: checkRunning(false) entered
    [Server@712c4e]: [Thread[main,5,main]]: checkRunning(false) exited
    [Server@712c4e]: Startup sequence initiated from main() method
    [Server@712c4e]: Loaded properties from [C:\Documents and Settings\e.etoundi\Mes documents\data\bi\pentaho ops\data\pentaho-data\server.properties]
    [Server@712c4e]: Initiating startup sequence...
    [Server@712c4e]: Server socket opened successfully in 0 ms.
    [Server@712c4e]: Initiating shutdown sequence...
    [Server@712c4e]: Shutdown sequence completed in 0 ms.

Thank for reply.
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/E01F2%7E1.ETO/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

Have you tried running HSQLDB with trace and/or silent command line args? I've never tried this but it might yield useful information.

Code:
    java -cp lib\hsqldb.jar org.hsqldb.Server -?
    Another thought: start-pentaho.bat starts the database so you should not be running any other .bat file or starting the database manually.