Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Copy tables wizard problem

Default Copy tables wizard problem

In the copy tables wizard, all tables are listed without knowing which schema these tables belong. So when the wizard generates the select statement, it does not prepends the schema before the table. The database does not recognize the table and hence generates the error.

How should I tell the copy table wizard that it should preappend schema name before every table that its copying.

Not yet, that piece of code probably didn't make it through the schema additions... Please add a tracker at http://jira.pentaho.org/browse/PDI

Regards,
    Sven

I'd also love to see this feature included! I have an ERP system and want to do some cost accounting analysis on (sales) data. I have only read access to the data and need to "dump" quite a few tables. This "copy tables" (plural) sounds quite handy for that task!

Try to create a new database connection and try putting the default schema name in.

That did not work, unfortunately. I did put my "IQF2" schema in the ''advanced' "tab" of the database connection wizard.

(Made a screen-capture of the attempt and have linked it at http://www.facebook.com/video/video....64407373584159 )

I do connect to my Sybase DB via ODBC, but that should not make a difference, right?

These tables are a kind of an ERP system. The way it works is that my production/integration/testing system have different schema names.

In the "copy tables" wizard I see all tables multiple times, without prepended schema. I do believe that the standard schema gets neither evaluated by the wizard nor prepended to the selection.
    The error message I get is therefore -- as expected -- a "could not find table this&that".