Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: How to download multiple files with HTTP Job step

Default How to download multiple files with HTTP Job step

Hi,

I am trying to use the HTTP step in a job to download multiple files from a server. I generate the URLs with a previous transformation, set the "input field which contains URL" and checked the "Run for every result row?" in the HTTP step. But for the target file I can only set a static name / variable (not counting the day/time option). I would like to save the files with the same file name, as they are retrieved from the server.

Would this be a feature request or am I missing something (because it seems like an obvious feature to me with the already existing "Run for every result row" option)?

As a workaround I am going to try to instead loop the job with "Execute for every input row" and update a variable to be used in the Target file field.

Bent

Quote Originally Posted by bmm View Post
    Hi,

Would this be a feature request or am I missing something (because it seems like an obvious feature to me with the already existing "Run for every result row" option)?

As a workaround I am going to try to instead loop the job with "Execute for every input row" and update a variable to be used in the Target file field.

Bent
    Bent,

you are completely right - and: feel free to file a feature request for this ;-)

Cheers,
    Jens

Feature request created at http://jira.pentaho.org/browse/PDI-208

Unhappy

I want to know because since 2007 this feutuer in not added, is there any alternative for changing the file target name ?
    Last edited by kodotkom; 05-08-2010 at 12:54 PM.