Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Pentaho on Linux with Tomcat and MySQL

Default Pentaho on Linux with Tomcat and MySQL

Hi,

Ia m trying to install pentaho on Linux with Tomcat5.5.5 and MySQL5.0.22.
    I have downloaded pentaho-j2EE-deployments,built pentaho.war and deployed it into Tomcat and changed the server.xml file.
    I have created the databases in MySQL,using pentaho mysql scripts i have created the tables.
    Now I started tomcat and database.
    When i do
    http://localhost:3306/pentaho
    I am getting the following problem.

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report
    description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
    exception
    javax.servlet.ServletException
    org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:846)
    org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:779)
    org.apache.jsp.jsp.Home_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.jsp.Home_jsp:271)
    org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:99)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:325)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:245)
    org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:264)
    org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:107)
    org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:72)
    org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
    org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:110)
    org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
    org.acegisecurity.ui.switchuser.SwitchUserProcessingFilter.doFilter(SwitchUserProcessingFilter.java:335)
    com.pentaho.security.SecurityStartupFilter.doFilter(SecurityStartupFilter.java:76)
    org.acegisecurity.providers.anonymous.AnonymousProcessingFilter.doFilter(AnonymousProcessingFilter.java:125)
    org.acegisecurity.ui.rememberme.RememberMeProcessingFilter.doFilter(RememberMeProcessingFilter.java:142)
    com.pentaho.security.RequestParameterAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(RequestParameterAuthenticationFilter.java:164)
    org.acegisecurity.ui.basicauth.BasicProcessingFilter.doFilter(BasicProcessingFilter.java:178)
    org.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:217)
    org.acegisecurity.ui.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:108)
    com.pentaho.security.HttpSessionReuseDetectionFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionReuseDetectionFilter.java:130)
    org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:193)
    org.acegisecurity.wrapper.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:81)
    org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:148)
    org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:98)
    org.pentaho.core.system.SystemStatusFilter.doFilter(SystemStatusFilter.java:53)
    org.pentaho.ui.servlet.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:112)
    root cause
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
    org.pentaho.repository.runtime.RuntimeRepository.setSession(RuntimeRepository.java:75)
    org.pentaho.core.system.PentahoSystem.getRuntimeRepository(PentahoSystem.java:1143)
    org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine.execute(SolutionEngine.java:205)
    org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine.execute(SolutionEngine.java:169)
    org.pentaho.ui.component.charting.AbstractChartComponent.getActionData(AbstractChartComponent.java:167)
    org.pentaho.ui.component.charting.PieDatasetChartComponent.createChart(PieDatasetChartComponent.java:79)
    org.pentaho.ui.component.charting.PieDatasetChartComponent.getXmlContent(PieDatasetChartComponent.java:143)
    org.pentaho.ui.XmlComponent.getContent(XmlComponent.java:46)
    org.pentaho.ui.ChartHelper.doPieChart(ChartHelper.java:374)
    org.apache.jsp.jsp.Home_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.jsp.Home_jsp:143)
    org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:99)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:325)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:245)
    org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:264)
    org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:107)
    org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:72)
    org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:110)
    org.acegisecurity.ui.switchuser.SwitchUserProcessingFilter.doFilter(SwitchUserProcessingFilter.java:335)
    com.pentaho.security.SecurityStartupFilter.doFilter(SecurityStartupFilter.java:76)
    org.acegisecurity.providers.anonymous.AnonymousProcessingFilter.doFilter(AnonymousProcessingFilter.java:125)
    org.acegisecurity.ui.rememberme.RememberMeProcessingFilter.doFilter(RememberMeProcessingFilter.java:142)
    com.pentaho.security.RequestParameterAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(RequestParameterAuthenticationFilter.java:164)
    org.acegisecurity.ui.basicauth.BasicProcessingFilter.doFilter(BasicProcessingFilter.java:178)
    org.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:217)
    org.acegisecurity.ui.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:108)
    com.pentaho.security.HttpSessionReuseDetectionFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionReuseDetectionFilter.java:130)
    org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:193)
    org.acegisecurity.wrapper.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:81)
    org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:148)
    org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:98)
    org.pentaho.core.system.SystemStatusFilter.doFilter(SystemStatusFilter.java:53)
    org.pentaho.ui.servlet.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:112)

What might be the problem and how can we solve this?
    Pllease help me.

Thanks
    Sreelatha

Can you tell me if you get any error while starting up the application.

The root cause for the noclassdeffound error was resolved by provider the cacheprovider class in the hibernate.cfg.xml.
    Mine was
    <property name="cache.provider_class">org.hibernate.cache.EhCacheProvider</property>

You have to make sure that you are providing a cache provider class that is suitable for you environment

Cool About error

I'm trying to deploy the plataform over ubuntu with tomcat5.5 and postgresql and had the same error. In my caseafter to develop all the steps of the manually deployment document, i have to check my databases, quartz hibernate shark are requiered sampledata is optional review wiki documentation of bi for look that.

after, for some time working hard in that, i find that on linux the war file generated with ant was´nt complete. Untill now i don´t know for what on pentaho-solutins /system/logs/audit/PentahoAuditLog.log don´t exist.

In adition, over tomcat /temp_user don´t exist, for that you have to configure the jvm params or create the directory. Also take care with permissions of dirs.

For last the files *.xml have extrange characters inside, for that I have to edit that with vi.

Another point to have in mind is the jdk with work your server. In early step i deploy the plataform 1.2 over tomcat5 and jdk6 and it work, but now i try it with pentaho 1.6 and don´t run. In this case my solution was tomcat5.5 jdk6 and pentaho1.6.

For now i don´t finished to deploy the plataform. after the last changes i obtain the loggin window but when loggin it show the below error

2007-09-25 14:46:53,168 ERROR [org.pentaho.repository.HibernateUtil] HIBUTIL.ERROR_0006 - Building SessionFactory failed.
    org.hibernate.HibernateException: Could not instantiate cache implementation
    at org.hibernate.cache.CacheFactory.createCache(CacheFactory.java:64)
    at org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.<init>(SessionFactoryImpl.java:214)
    at ............
    ..............at org.apache.commons.daemon.support.DaemonLoader.start(DaemonLoader.java:177)
    Caused by: org.hibernate.cache.NoCachingEnabledException: Second-level cache is not enabled for usage [hibernate.cache.use_second_level_cache | hibernate.cache.use_query_cache]
    at org.hibernate.cache.NoCacheProvider.buildCache(NoCacheProvider.java:21)
    at org.hibernate.cache.CacheFactory.createCache(CacheFactory.java:61)
    ... 40 more
    2007-09-25 14:46:53,830 ERROR [org.pentaho.util.logging.Logger] misc-org.pentaho.core.system.PentahoSystem: PentahoSystem.ERROR_0023 - Could not return object IVersionHelper of scope null

Until now it is all that can say.

I hope to finally run the plataform over linux

Hi,

Do we need to set any classpath to make it work?
    Please help me .I am unable to start the server.

Thanks
    Sreelatha

Hi,
    These are the steps I followed.
    1.Downloaded and extracted Pentaho_j2EE-Deployments-1.6.0-RC2.820.zip
    2.changed to the pentaho_j2EE-deployments and build using
    ant war-pentaho-tomcat-mysql
    3.Deployed it to tomcat
    4.Deployed pentaho-solutions to tomcat
    Changed jndi.properties.
    5.changed server.xml
    6.Added mysql driver to tomcat/common/lib

can you suggest what should I do more?

Thanks
    Sreelatha

Default About the classpath

Over documentation it say that you have to run with a JDK or JRE and make sure that JAVA_HOME indicate the directory of JDK or JRE. In my own instalation i don´t have this variable but over /etc/default/tomcat5 i indicated the path of JDK.

Another thing that i´m not sure is that you had to have edited the .properties befre ant the war and although the *-ds.xml. Over manually deployment of plataform document it reference that.

Another ask is you define the path oof your solution on the web file of pentaho war?

hi,

I think you missed to configure your hibernate.cfg.xml check that in $pentaho/WEB-INF/classes/hibernate.cfg.xml and see if its point to your database

good luck
    Yassine
    join us @ freenode ##pentaho

Hi,
    Thanks for the replies.
    The problem is solved.I got that problem because of the database permission.
    I gave all permissions to all database users and it is working fine.

Thanks
    Sreelatha