Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Problem with Cube Designer 0.7.2.0 and Pentaho Demo 1.6.0 RC2

Default Problem with Cube Designer 0.7.2.0 and Pentaho Demo 1.6.0 RC2

Hello everyone!

The cube I created with the Cube Designer can't be previewed. I am able to view the xml schema and publish it to the server, but nothing shows when I click the preview button.

The published cube is present in the samples/analysis list in the URL: http://localhost:8080/pentaho/Naviga...alysis&action=

but when I click on the link, the following message appears:

var controller = null; var newActionName = null; var newSolution = null; var newActionPath = null; function cursor_wait() { document.body.style.cursor = 'wait'; } function cursor_clear() { document.body.style.cursor = 'default'; } function load(){ cursor_wait(); controller = new PivotRepositoryBrowserController(); controller.setOnAfterSaveCallback( function() { newActionName = controller.getActionName(); newSolution = controller.getSolution(); newActionPath = controller.getActionPath(); document.location.href='Pivot?save-action=saveAs&save-path='+newSolution +'/'+newActionPath+'&save-file='+newActionName+'&save-title='+newActionName; }); cursor_clear(); } function save() { cursor_wait(); newActionName = "

Can anyone please help me with this?

As I've already mentioned, I'm using Pentaho Demo 1.6.0 RC2 and Cube Designer 0.7.2.0. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards!

Default Conflict between Cube Designer0.7.2 and Pentaho Demo1.6.0RC2

I tried using the earlier version of Cube Designer (0.7.0) together with Pentaho Demo 1.6.0 RC2. The cube I created worked just fine.

Maybe there are some conflicts between petaho demo1.6.0 and Cube Designer 0.7.2. They seem to be incompatible.

Regards.

Lightbulb

Hi everyone!

I think there's no conflict between the versions. As I've observed, this error occurs whenever I create a dimension where the hierarchies under the dimension doesn't come from one table only.

Without a proper datasource (MUST be a properly structured DataWarehouse), creating a cube would be tough.

I guess I answered my own question. haha.. Oh well! I was thinking that this information might be useful to others, so I decided to post this as a reply to my question.

Regards!
    -roy

Post REPLAY: Problem with Cube Designer 0.7.2.0 and Pentaho Demo 1.6.0 RC2 Reply to Threa

var controller = null; var newActionName = null; var newSolution = null; var newActionPath = null; function cursor_wait() { document.body.style.cursor = 'wait'; } function cursor_clear() { document.body.style.cursor = 'default'; } function load(){ cursor_wait(); controller = new PivotRepositoryBrowserController(); controller.setOnAfterSaveCallback( function() { newActionName = controller.getActionName(); newSolution = controller.getSolution(); newActionPath = controller.getActionPath(); document.location.href='Pivot?save-action=saveAs&save-path='+newSolution +'/'+newActionPath+'&save-file='+newActionName+'&save-title='+newActionName; }); cursor_clear(); } function save() { cursor_wait(); newActionName = "

I have the same problem and it's appear to me when i defined two cube with same structure and name ,but you will find one of them work maybe it's solve the problem, by the way i have problem in pentaho demo 1.6 and it's the same problem of yours when i generate a cube using Cube Designer (0.7.0) and Cube Designer (0.7.2) but it's work fine in pentaho demo 1.2
    i hope that you have an answer

best regards

Default RE: Problem with Cube Designer 0.7.2.0 and Pentaho Demo 1.6.0 RC2

i am sorry i was wrong , this problem appear to me because the JINDI that i defined in cube designer is a different from the real JINDI that the pentaho platform use it, i solve this problem by change JINDI attribute in cube.xaction file to the real JINDI name
    but i have a problem in pentaho demo 1.6 and it's the same problem of yours when i generate a cube using Cube Designer (0.7.0) and Cube Designer (0.7.2) but it's work fine in pentaho demo 1.2

Regards