Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Kettle Variables are not setting properly

Default Kettle Variables are not setting properly

Hi,

I have integrated kettle API in a j2EE web application to add/execute the transformations or jobs through web. The web application can execute a transformation/job synchronously as well as asynchronously. I am using ActiveMQ JMS messaging with Jboss server to execute the transformations/jobs asynchronously.

The problem is that when i am executing the transformation or job asynchronously through web application (Jboss server + ActiveMQ JMS) then the kettle internal variables are not properly set and the execution fails.

But when i am running the same transformation/job asynchronously through a junit test case in the my core project (with ActiveMQ JMS), then the kettle variables are set properly.

I wonder where i am wrong? I am using following code to set kettle variables -

LocalVariables variables = LocalVariables.getInstance();
    variables.createKettleVariables(Thread.currentThread().getName(), null, false);
    jobMeta.setInternalKettleVariables();

if (absFilePath != null && absFilePath.length() > 0)

{
    jobMeta.setFilename(absFilePath);
    }

Where absFilePath is the absolute file path of kjb or ktr file. I feel that i am stuck in some threading concept. Please help!!

I'm afraid that's more or less a known problem. It should be fixed in 3.0

Regards,
    Sven

Just wanted to mention that while running the transformation/job asychronously through Jboss web application, all kettle internal file path variables are blank (they should point to actual path values).

Thanks Sven for the reply!!

This means that i cannot execute the job asynchronously for the time being from web .

Anywayz i will wait for 3.0 version for it.