Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: can't create the repository

Default can't create the repository

I just downloaded and installed Kettle-2.5.1, connected to my Informix 7.3 successfully, but got the error when tried to create the repository:

Couldn't execute SQL: CREATE TABLE R_DATABASE_CONTYPE
    (
    ID_DATABASE_CONTYPE INTEGER PRIMARY KEY
    , CODE VARCHAR(255)
    , DESCRIPTION VARCHAR(255)
    )

Identifier length exceeds the maximum allowed by this version of the server.

Ive upgraded kettle.jar with new version, but still doesnt work.

Thanks for any help.

If Informix can't handle a varchar(255) I suggest you switch to another RDBMS or a higher version of Informix ASAP :-)
    Your repository won't be any good if the data stored in it can't contain longer strings.

That being said, we can perhaps find a work-around so make sure to ALWAYS file a bug report for these cases.

HTH,
    Matt

IDS7.3 supports varchar(255), but the maximum length for identifiers in SQL statements is 18 characters. (ID_DATABASE_CONTYPE triggers the error). I'll think a upgrade. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MattCasters View Post
    If Informix can't handle a varchar(255) I suggest you switch to another RDBMS or a higher version of Informix ASAP :-)
    Your repository won't be any good if the data stored in it can't contain longer strings.

That being said, we can perhaps find a work-around so make sure to ALWAYS file a bug report for these cases.

HTH,
    Matt