Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: create an user

Default create an user

Hello, i would like to know how I can create an user in pentaho BI platform and if there is an page in admin which can make this ?
    thanks

Sorry to write so bad.

Hi,

there is no admin page to create users, the logic being, that you can plug in various suppliers like LDAP into the architecture and the user management is done outside of the platform.

Default want to go forward

Hi Ingo Klose and others

It seems that creating users is not for newbies.

"...can plug in various suppliers like LDAP into the architecture and the user management is done outside of the platform."

Can somebody please tell me, also MicaGG and others

1) is it possible that one user sees for example cubes 1, 2 and 3 and other user see cubes 2, 4 and 5?

2) plug in exactly what to where?

3) what are steps on easiest way to build users?
    Last edited by Juuso75; 10-06-2007 at 09:03 AM. Reason: type edit

With regard to numbers 1 and 2:
    As described in the Mondrian schema documentation, a single role must be specified on the connection. One way to accomplish this is to design an action sequence similar to the attached. It hard-codes a role name to use when connecting. While this alone is undesirable since anyone can execute this xaction as the hard-coded role, one can secure the action sequence (xaction) by assigning permissions using the Admin Permissions interface.

Regarding number 3:
    As stated by other users, the Pentaho BI Server usually delegates user management to other systems. However, there is one security back-end that allows users to be quickly and easily defined: the in-memory implementation. Note that this is only applicable for relatively small user bases.

Oops. Here's the attachment mentioned in earlier post.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello,
    how can create pentaho user with specific permission.i want any user not see the the datasource connection of any other user.
    sorry to write so bad.[/QUOTE]

I've used the admin page to create users and the http://:8080/pentaho/PropertiesEditor to change permissions and it worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by programmerx View Post
    I've used the admin page to create users and the http://:8080/pentaho/PropertiesEditor to change permissions and it worked fine.
    thank you, that is what i was looking for.
    Additional Info: To access to admin page (http://localhost:8099/ per default), its neccesary execute the administration console (biserver-ce-4.8.0-stable\administration-console\start-pac.bat)
    Last edited by Luis La Fuente; 11-14-2013 at 12:34 PM.