Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Javadoc and java example!

Default Javadoc and java example!

Hi, all!
    Where, i am loading full kettle javadoc. In on-line i use link http://www.kettle.be/docs/api/.
    And where i am loading example java code.
    I am is simply java developer, development without javadocs and example is very difficultly:-(

Nobody said it was going to be easy.... try this http://wiki.pentaho.org/display/EAI/...a+API+Examples

Most people will never touch the source code, and only use the tools.

Regards,
    Sven

Thank you!
    Clean kettle is uncomfortable for me. API that is needed, this is simple flexible and powerful mean!!!!!!! But I know very little :-(
    I wont zip file javadocs.
    ___

If you know very little, I would keep it simple ... or hand the job over to someone else.
    On the other hand, I don't think Kettle is that hard to follow... it's not rocket science.

Regards,
    Sven

Quote Originally Posted by sboden View Post
    Nobody said it was going to be easy.... try this http://wiki.pentaho.org/display/EAI/...a+API+Examples

Most people will never touch the source code, and only use the tools.

Regards,
    Sven
    this example very simple.... How using metadata for get list jobs? for example...
    RepositoryMeta rpMeta = new RepositoryMeta("KettleRepository","",dbMeta);
    log.debug("RepositoryMeta set up done");
    log.debug("Setting up Repository");
    UserInfo userKettle = new UserInfo();
    userKettle.setLogin("admin");
    userKettle.setPassword("admin");

Repository rep = new Repository( LogWriter.getInstance(LogWriter.LOG_LEVEL_DEBUG)
    ,rpMeta,userKettle);

Start up Eclipse, start kitchen in the debugger and find out what that tool does to get the jobs from the repository... a hint, in v3.0 look in the code of Kitchen.java for the sentence "// List the jobs in the repository".

BTW this is not really anymore for a user forum, more for the developer's list... but the answer will be probably almost the same. We usually don't write other people's programs for them. If you want to embed PDI in a complex way you have to do some digging yourself.

Regards,
    Sven

BTW this is not really anymore for a user forum, more for the developer's list... but the answer will be probably almost the same. We usually don't write other people's programs for them. If you want to embed PDI in a complex way you have to do some digging yourself.
    Or you can buy an OEM contract from Pentaho. We're becoming very good at this sort of work.

;-)

Matt

Thank you, I understood everything ;-) Only I do not love Eclipse.
    I prefer NetBeans ;-) Kettle an indeed powerful and flexible mean is special in a copula with JBossPortal e.t.c. Main to understand an idea. Seems I understood it.