Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: spoon is not starting

Default spoon is not starting

Hi all,

It’s been great experience using kettle Integration tool. But now a days I m facing a very awkward problem.
    When I click on spoon.bat it asks me for the repository and then I click on no repository option. After that it doean’t start.
    On other machines its working fine but on a particular machine its not.
    What may be the reason?

My psychic hunch ... read very carefully the text on the button you push... between 2.5 and 3.0 they were switched on the input screen. It also took me a couple of tries to realize this ;-)

Regards,
    Sven

Default spoon is not working

Hi folks,

I have been been trying to understand the situation I got but couldn't find the way to solve it.

A few days back I deleted .kettle folder fom my system and after that also It was working fine. But suddenly It stoped working.
    It asks me for the repository option, I click on no repository and It disappears.

Anyone is there who can give me some Idea about this awkward situation.

Please use simple english....I am an INDIAN.

mmmm... indians...

Change the spoon.bat
    - remove the start from the last line
    - change javaw in java
    - add a pause add the very end

Run spoon again and attach the stacktrace you see appearing (this is of course if you're not just pressing the wrong button: the order of the buttons on the startup screen switched between 2.5 and 3.0)

Regards,
    Sven

I was having a similar problem. Kettle always opens up to the last transformation you were working on. The last transformation that I had worked on was a bad one. It made Kettle crash.

I deleted a file called .spoonrc in the directory C:\Documents and Settings\{my name}\.kettle. That is where Kettle was looking to open my most recent transformation. After deleting that file, kettle works fine as long as I don't try to open my corrupted transformation.

Good luck!