Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: How to populate current indicator flag when using slowly changing dimension?

Default How to populate current indicator flag when using slowly changing dimension?

I am very new to Pentaho Data Integration. If I have a field called current row indicator flag in my slowly changing dimension table, how would update or insert that field using Dimension Lookup/Update. The current row indicator flag tells me if the record is a history or a current state. For example, if I have a record with the dw row start date as 1/1/1990 and the dw row end date as 10/15/2007 and my current row indicator flag would get set as 'N'. I would update that as a history record with 'N' and insert another record with my dw row start date as 10/16/2007 and 12/31/2199 as my dw row end date. And my current row indicatior flag will be set to 'Y'. How would that get implemented with Pentaho Data Integration?

Thanks in advance,
    Jackie

How about using a javascript step and evaluating the date range against the current rate? Then you can easily create your new field and the next step would get everything you need.