Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Demo not connecting to Mysql during server startup

Question Demo not connecting to Mysql during server startup

I have just installed the latest demo on xp, installed mysql, and ran the SampleDataDump_MySql.sql script. I have confirmed that Mysql is running on port 3306. When I startup the server using start_server.bat, I don't see the second command window for the database. I also get numerous warnings in the server command window (see attached).

Has anyone run into this before, or has any advice? Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

The warnings that you're seeing are harmless. As far as the "second command window for the database," since you're using MySQL, the database window (HSQLDB aka Hypersonic) will not show up.

Thanks. I guess this leads to my real issue, which is when I try to log in as one of the demo users, the log in screen hangs. It doesn't time out. Just never connects. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks again.

Follow the instructions here to turn on debug logging for security. But before executing those instructions, copy log4j.jar (download it) into pentaho.war/WEB-INF/lib. Have you changed web.xml at all? If not, then you're using the in-memory implementation--meaning that you're simply reading from the usernames and roles in applicationContext-acegi-security-memory.xml. All of this is described in the security wiki.