Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Error while log-in in pentaho

Default Error while log-in in pentaho

Hi,
    I am trying to deploy pentaho 1.6.x on weblogic. When i try to login with the user joe
    i get this error. Please help
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
    at org.pentaho.repository.runtime.RuntimeRepository.setSession(RuntimeRepository.java:75)
    at org.pentaho.core.system.PentahoSystem.getRuntimeRepository(PentahoSystem.java:1144)
    at org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine.execute(SolutionEngine.java:205)
    at org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine.execute(SolutionEngine.java:169)
    at org.pentaho.core.system.PentahoSystem.sessionStartup(PentahoSystem.java:832)
    at com.pentaho.security.SecurityStartupFilter.doFilter(SecurityStartupFilter.java:70)
    at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
    at org.acegisecurity.providers.anonymous.AnonymousProcessingFilter.doFilter(AnonymousProcessingFilter.java:125)
    at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
    at org.acegisecurity.ui.rememberme.RememberMeProcessingFilter.doFilter(RememberMeProcessingFilter.java:142)
    at com.pentaho.security.RequestParameterAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(RequestParameterAuthenticationFilter.java:164)
    at org.acegisecurity.ui.basicauth.BasicProcessingFilter.doFilter(BasicProcessingFilter.java:178)
    at org.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:217)
    at org.acegisecurity.ui.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:108)
    at com.pentaho.security.HttpSessionReuseDetectionFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionReuseDetectionFilter.java:130)
    at org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:193)
    at org.acegisecurity.wrapper.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:81)
    at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:148)
    at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:98)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:27)
    at org.pentaho.core.system.SystemStatusFilter.doFilter(SystemStatusFilter.java:53)
    at org.pentaho.ui.servlet.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:112)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:6724)
    at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
    at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:3764)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java:2644)
    at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:219)
    at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:178)

That line of code seems to be:

HibernateUtil.beginTransaction();

Maybe HibernateUtil isn't on the classpath?

Did you mean to set the jar in the class path which contains HibernateUtil class ? OR is there some conf file which i need to put in class path?

rhasija Guest

Arrow Have you created override.properties?

Have you created override.properties? I am curious.

Below is an example if you haven't.

#if java 1.5 and 1.4 are installed, and java 1.5 is your default, specify java1.4 home
    java1.4.home=C:\\Program Files\\Java

# override this dir with the real location of your JRE home
    jre.dir=C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jre1.5.0_12

# override this dir with the real location of your compiler
    javac.path=C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jdk1.5.0_12\\bin\\javac

target.solutions.dir=C:\\workspace\\code\\target-solutions
    solution.path=C:\\workspace\\code\\pentaho-solutions
    target.server.dir=C:\\workspace\\code\\target-preconfiguredinstall
    source.server.dir=C:\\workspace\\code\\pentaho-preconfiguredinstall
    server.dir=C:\\workspace\\code\\target-preconfiguredinstall
    solutions.dir=C:\\workspace\\code\\pentaho-solutions
    target.solutions.path=C:\\workspace\\code\\target-solutions

what does this file do? For building pentaho.war i have used java version "1.4.2_05". Java 1.5 was also present in my machine. Will this make any diff ?

rhasija Guest

Smile 1.4.2_10

The file basically overrides the default.properties file which sets up the properties for building the Pentaho project.

Now, if you are building the Pentaho.war it is recommended that you use Java 1.4.2_10 and upwards. This is to resolve the day light time issues. In your build.xml, the source and target for Javac should be set for Java 1.4. So presence of 1.5 should not cause any concern.

But I would recommend building the war again with 1.4.2_10 upwards JRE.

You can also look at http://wiki.pentaho.org/display/
    for more information.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
    -
    Ravi H.

Sometimes this error occurs when there is a problem connecting to the database server. Please double-check your db settings and that the db server is running.

I am also having this problem.

I have created an ear for JBoss using MySQL

ant ear-pentaho-jboss-mysql

The following is included in the override.properties file:

build.third-party.dir=pentaho-third-party
    build.classes.dir=pentaho-classes
    build.jars.dir=pentaho-jars
    build.doc.dir=pentaho-doc
    build.precompiled.dir=pentaho-precompiled-jsps
    build.webapp.dir=pentaho-webapp
    webapp.dir=pentaho-webapp
    server.resource.dir=pentaho-res
    build.res.dir=pentaho-res

I have not touched this file though.

Also, when I look in the tmp/deploy within JBoss, I see that the JAR that includes HibernateUtil (pentaho-repository-1.6.0.GA.jar) is within the lib directory... eg: /opt/jboss/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp36681pentaho.ear-contents/lib

So, it _should_ be avaliable?

I have also checked PentahoHibernate-ds.xml and it is using the correct MySQL database with proper username / password.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Default Fixed!

I did a few things to fix this.

First, I did not have any tables within the quartz database, so I downloaded the demo, and ran the sql dump for mysql and created the quartz tables.

I then noticed, that there was an instance of the wrong username / password was being used with Hibernate, which actually returned an error saying basiclly, "HibernateUtil will not run because it cannot log into MySQL" :|

So my bad for not noticing this within the logs.

I thought I would post that indeed, the issue is most likely because of incorrct login details to the database backend.