Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: How to start using KPI with Pentaho?

Default How to start using KPI with Pentaho?

Our group tried to used Pentaho BI platform for a while but we have a lot of problems So if we restart project by begin with first step with Pentaho again.

- How do we use KPIs and Balance Scoredcards with Pentaho and which tools shall we use?
    - And our project is web application which used KPIs and BSCs so which tools of pentaho we can use?

Thank you very much
    Supawat (Thailand).

You shoud use:
    Kettle for ETL, Mondrian/Cube designer for the datawarehouse, and Dashboards and Reporting to generate your Corporate Dashboard.
    I'm working on a posgraduate project about BSC and BI tools if you have any questions i could try to help you.
    By all means its quite hard to design a dashboard! There is no a Dashboard Designer developed yet (it is in incubation stage).

Quote Originally Posted by svallejo View Post
    You shoud use:
    Kettle for ETL, Mondrian/Cube designer for the datawarehouse, and Dashboards and Reporting to generate your Corporate Dashboard.
    I'm working on a posgraduate project about BSC and BI tools if you have any questions i could try to help you.
    By all means its quite hard to design a dashboard! There is no a Dashboard Designer developed yet (it is in incubation stage).

Thank you for your suggestion.

Suppose that I have my own database.
    And How should I do if I prefer to use kettle and mondrian.

Thank you very much.

Supawat Thanachaivivat (Thailand)