Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Incomplete Deployment Win 2k3, MySQL 5, JBoss 4.2.1 + Portal

Default Incomplete Deployment Win 2k3, MySQL 5, JBoss 4.2.1 + Portal

JBoss Version: 4.2.1.GA (build: SVNTag=JBoss_4_2_1_GA date=200707131606)

Java: jdk1.5.0_13

My AS and Portal are fine.

I've tried using a few EARS (with and without portal) and get the same result each time. The result of all of them seems to be this.

I copy the contents of the build into the "$jboss\server\default\deploy" folder which includes a WAR, EAR and XML file.

I get this when attempting to launch the server:

18:59:02,109 ERROR [URLDeploymentScanner] Incomplete Deployment listing:

--- Packages waiting for a deployer ---
    org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo@8390a9a5 { url=file:/C:/jboss/server/default
    /deploy/application.xml }
    deployer: null
    state: INIT_WAITING_DEPLOYER
    watch: file:/C:/jboss/server/default/deploy/application.xml
    altDD: null
    lastDeployed: 1193183942078
    lastModified: 1193183942078
    mbeans:

--- Incompletely deployed packages ---
    org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo@baa4c9f3 { url=file:/C:/jboss/server/default
    /deploy/pentaho.war }
    deployer: MBeanProxyExt[jboss.web:service=WebServer]
    status: Deployment FAILED reason: URL file:/C:/jboss/server/default/tmp/deploy
    /tmp14986pentaho-exp.war/ deployment failed
    state: FAILED
    watch: file:/C:/jboss/server/default/deploy/pentaho.war
    lastDeployed: 1193183893968
    lastModified: 1193183893531
    mbeans:

org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo@baa48661 { url=file:/C:/jboss/server/default
    /deploy/pentaho.ear }
    deployer: org.jboss.deployment.EARDeployer@1582a7c
    status: Deployment FAILED reason: URL file:/C:/jboss/server/default/tmp/deploy
    /tmp14987pentaho.ear-contents/pentaho-exp.war/ deployment failed
    state: FAILED
    watch: file:/C:/jboss/server/default/deploy/pentaho.ear
    lastDeployed: 1193183932875
    lastModified: 1193183899859
    mbeans:

org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo@8390a9a5 { url=file:/C:/jboss/server/default
    /deploy/application.xml }
    deployer: null
    state: INIT_WAITING_DEPLOYER
    watch: file:/C:/jboss/server/default/deploy/application.xml
    lastDeployed: 1193183942078
    lastModified: 1193183942078
    mbeans:

--- MBeans waiting for other MBeans ---
    ObjectName: jboss.web.deployment:war=pentaho.war,id=-1163605517
    State: FAILED
    Reason: org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: URL file:/C:/jboss/server/de
    fault/tmp/deploy/tmp14986pentaho-exp.war/ deployment failed

ObjectName: jboss.web.deployment:war=pentaho.war,id=55615642
    fault/tmp/deploy/tmp14987pentaho.ear-contents/pentaho-exp.war/ deployment failed

--- MBEANS THAT ARE THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM ---
    ObjectName: jboss.web.deployment:war=pentaho.war,id=55615642
    fault/tmp/deploy/tmp14987pentaho.ear-contents/pentaho-exp.war/ deployment failed

ObjectName: jboss.web.deployment:war=pentaho.war,id=-1163605517
    fault/tmp/deploy/tmp14986pentaho-exp.war/ deployment failed

Any help would be appreciated. I ran the demo fine, but am having a hard time with this. Thanks.

I'm not sure about the XML file, but you will only need either pentaho.ear or pentaho.war, but not both. (pentaho.ear contains pentaho.war.)

Quote Originally Posted by mlowery View Post
    I'm not sure about the XML file, but you will only need either pentaho.ear or pentaho.war, but not both. (pentaho.ear contains pentaho.war.)
    Thanks for your help. What I've done is redeploy using the .war routine which worked. I get the login screen with two problems.

1. The "Valid Users" thing is there which autofills username/passwords.

2. None of those work. I have the quartz/hibernate databases in my mysql install and the logins work when in demo mode.

I get the following error...

"You have attempted to login but the previous user had not yet logged out. In order to protect the previous user, the previous user has automatically been logged out. You may now attempt to login with your credentials."

I'm going to try to poke around the forums and see if anyone else had this problem, but I figured I'd post my results here.

This means that the following sequence occurred:
    1. Login form submittal.
    2. Login form processing.
    3. User logged in.
    4. Login form submit.
    5. Login attempt while still logged in was detected. Session is destroyed and you are forced to login again.

The demo users (e.g. joe) should work out-of-the-box--in other words, the platform recognizes joe without any additional work on your part. The Valid Users select box relies on JavaScript so make sure it is enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by mlowery View Post
    This means that the following sequence occurred:
    1. Login form submittal.
    2. Login form processing.
    3. User logged in.
    4. Login form submit.
    5. Login attempt while still logged in was detected. Session is destroyed and you are forced to login again.
    The demo users (e.g. joe) should work out-of-the-box--in other words, the platform recognizes joe without any additional work on your part. The Valid Users select box relies on JavaScript so make sure it is enabled.
    Thanks for the quick reply again.

I am going to set my base url with my staging server domain and redeploy so that I can access it from another PC and not my staging server through RDC.

Pentaho threw me into the world of application servers. I normally work with PHP/JS/MySQL.

Can you explain the login process to me in greater detail? I have a few questions.

1. I was never prompted for or instructed to input MySQL credentials. Is this done in the Pentaho scripts or in my JBoss config?

2. Are the users/passwords retrieved from my MySQL database?

UPDATE: When redeployed to my staging domain and accessed from a remote PC, it works as far as logging in. I think I've got the core+sample data installed and will begin to poke around today.

Thanks again mlowery!
    Last edited by juanschwartz; 10-24-2007 at 11:48 AM.

In order to get Pentaho to read users and passwords from a MySQL database, consult Changing to the JDBC Security DAO.