Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Save to filesystem

Default Save to filesystem

Hi Guys,

I've written a report that runs fine on my computer (Pentaho 1.6GA)and when I run as xls filetype is asks where I'd like to save it. I want to burst this report to run over seperate branches and dump the reports to seperate files so I looked on here and saw there is a <file> parameter.

Anyway I've added the line to my reports .xaction like so...
    Code:
    <outputs>
    <content type="content">
    <destinations>
    <!-- <response>content</response> -->
    <file>/mnt/netdrive3/test.xls</file>
    </destinations>
    </content>
    </outputs>

but no matter where I try and point it to save it doesn't save a file. But at the same time its not dropping any error messages so I can't tell what the problem it.

My browser window tells me

Code:
     content=samples/reporting/o.xaction.xls, samples/reporting/o.xaction/xls/3212b9ef-82e2-11dc-9b82-bb5c1fd7b91d, application/vnd.ms-excel

But that means nothing to me.

Can someone point out where i'm messing up.

Cheers

Tom

As this is a platform problem, I'm moving this thread. I don't have a clue about the internals of the platform and people who have, expect such questions in the BI-Server forum.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Default Is there a way to save reports to the file system?

I tried inserting the following in my xaction XML to save the report content to a file on the file system:

Code:
    <outputs> 
        <content type="content"> 
          <destinations> 
            <file>/temp/foo.pdf</file> 
          </destinations> 
        </content> 
      </outputs>
    The console reports the following warning and does not save the file:

Code:
    17:36:52,621 WARN  [RuntimeContext] 54cae40e-3735-11dd-b356-11c03083b5d2:RUNTIME
    :context-11470100-1213133808636:Test.xaction Scope file is not recognized for parameter /temp/foo.pdf.
    I'm running version 1.6.0GA of the server. The designer did not expose UI to pick "file" scope nor did it expose a "Send to file" action. Is this a supported feature? If so, what is the proper way to accomplish it?

-Rick

Hi,
    I've written a report that runs fine. I want save the report on the Pentaho server.

When i run the xaction, my browser tell:
    test=CA//CA groupe.xaction.xls,CA//CA groupe.xaction/xls/22f4b3fe-a202-11de-9d23-ff44285896c4, application/vnd.ms-excel.
    but the file is not save.

An idea?

Aurélien

Could you help me?
    I join xaction file
    Attached Files Attached Files