Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Joins hang: OutOfMemoryError

Default Joins hang: OutOfMemoryError

3.0.0-RC2-20071025:
    I have a couple joins that run in a transformation. They are runing for about 5 minutes and then I get the following error:
    Code:
    Exception in thread "Table output.0 (Thread-67)" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    Is there a command line or configuration setting where I can increase the memory available to PDI or did I stumble upon a bad leak?

Gerry
    Last edited by greno; 10-25-2007 at 08:52 PM.

Three tables are being joined and the first table is very wide 200+ fields. All tables have a single key field. Each table has about .5M rows.

Gerry

I think there is a leak. In three tests, the first input to the first join reaches 100000 rows exactly (out of about 400000 rows) and then Spoon stops responding. If I check 'top' it shows I have plenty of memory available. Then after about 5 minutes I get the OutOfMemory java heap space error message.

Gerry

Opened Bug: PDI-375
    Last edited by greno; 10-26-2007 at 01:19 AM.

Edit the shell script. Pass -Xmx<MEMORY_SIZE_IN_MB>M to the java virtual machine.

It's not a bug I will close it.

Matt

Matt,
    Thanks. That fixed the problem and I closed the bug. One question though, is there somewhere I can set these options that will survive upgrades to PDI? I know I'm going to forget about stuff like this.

Gerry