Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Schema Workbench MDX query always returning an error

Default Schema Workbench MDX query always returning an error

Hi,

I'm using a proprietary JDBC driver on a WinXP host with Java 1.5.0_12. I usually get my desired results using Mondrian/JPivot outside of the schema workbench (2.3.2.9247), but in the workbench, I can't execute a MDX query without getting the following error:

Mondrian Error:Failed to parse query ''

Mondrian Error:Error while parsing MDX statement ''

Mondrian Error:Syntax error at line 1, column 1, token 'EOF'

It doesn't seem to matter what kind of query I build or whether I save the query beforehand or not.

I do see a simple list of the tables and columns from the DB in the JDBC Explorer. I see an error message in on the console when starting the workbench re meta-data and I do not see any further meta-data, if I'm supposed to, in the JDBC Explorer. The tables and columns also don't appear in the drop-down lists while building the schema, which I imagine also has to do with the meta-data, but the error message doesn't lead me to believe it has to do with the meta-data.

Can anyone tell me what's going on and what I should do?

Thanks alot.
    Ralph

Default did you found the solution?

Hy, i'm stuck in the same way.... I think could be an error in the MDX cube i designed, but the mondrian application don't gave me any errors when i use that cube....
    Any help?

Default i am facing same problem. pls any help

hi,

i got same error .

regards
    mohan

Hi

i think ur connection is not correct.dats why u r getting error.First put driver(jar file) in the driver folder(within workbench).then open workbench,goto prefreences enter the correct details for connection.then save it.now u can create ur schema using the coonection towrds the database
    Mr. Manasa Ranjan Panda
    Hyderabad,INDIA
    E.Mail-:manasaranjan.panda@gmail.com
    M.No-+91 9392923252

Schema Workbench is a little clunky but from my (limited!) experience it usually parses the MDX query properly. Every time I think it's a bug, I look closer and find a syntax error in the statement. Post your query statement and let's have a look at it.

Regarding those dropdown lists you are seeing that don't find all the tables. Try clicking on the <<All Tables>> (something like that anyway) option at the top of the list. Do it 2 or 3 times in a row and sometimes the list of options shows more tables. I know that I have to do that to find my MySQL Views (as opposed to Tables) for selection. Could be a bug, I'm not sure, but once I find it everything goes along fine.