Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Schema Workbench MDX query always returning an error

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2006

    Default Schema Workbench MDX query always returning an error


    I'm using a proprietary JDBC driver on a WinXP host with Java 1.5.0_12. I usually get my desired results using Mondrian/JPivot outside of the schema workbench (, but in the workbench, I can't execute a MDX query without getting the following error:

    Mondrian Error:Failed to parse query ''

    Mondrian Error:Error while parsing MDX statement ''

    Mondrian Error:Syntax error at line 1, column 1, token 'EOF'

    It doesn't seem to matter what kind of query I build or whether I save the query beforehand or not.

    I do see a simple list of the tables and columns from the DB in the JDBC Explorer. I see an error message in on the console when starting the workbench re meta-data and I do not see any further meta-data, if I'm supposed to, in the JDBC Explorer. The tables and columns also don't appear in the drop-down lists while building the schema, which I imagine also has to do with the meta-data, but the error message doesn't lead me to believe it has to do with the meta-data.

    Can anyone tell me what's going on and what I should do?

    Thanks alot.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008

    Default did you found the solution?

    Hy, i'm stuck in the same way.... I think could be an error in the MDX cube i designed, but the mondrian application don't gave me any errors when i use that cube....
    Any help?

  3. #3

    Default i am facing same problem. pls any help


    i got same error .


  4. #4



    i think ur connection is not correct.dats why u r getting error.First put driver(jar file) in the driver folder(within workbench).then open workbench,goto prefreences enter the correct details for connection.then save u can create ur schema using the coonection towrds the database
    Mr. Manasa Ranjan Panda
    M.No-+91 9392923252

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008


    Schema Workbench is a little clunky but from my (limited!) experience it usually parses the MDX query properly. Every time I think it's a bug, I look closer and find a syntax error in the statement. Post your query statement and let's have a look at it.

    Regarding those dropdown lists you are seeing that don't find all the tables. Try clicking on the <<All Tables>> (something like that anyway) option at the top of the list. Do it 2 or 3 times in a row and sometimes the list of options shows more tables. I know that I have to do that to find my MySQL Views (as opposed to Tables) for selection. Could be a bug, I'm not sure, but once I find it everything goes along fine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Privacy Policy | Legal Notices | Safe Harbor Privacy Policy

Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Hitachi Vantara Corporation. All Rights Reserved.