Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Get file name step changing to unix style path

Default Get file name step changing to unix style path

Hi,

I have a very simple job that runs three transforms:-
    1. Sets the parameters passed in as globals
    2. Reads some more parameters from the db and sets these as globals
    3. Uses a couple of the globals to get all the filenames from a directory.

The problem I have is in transform 3, when I use a variable in the "File/Directory" part Kettle is formatting the string to c:/bla/bla/filename.bla, when I hard code it back to c:\bla\bla\filename.bla its fine. I've attached a couple of logs to show what I mean, both show the variable being setup:-
    Set SPX_INTFC_CONST.0 - Set variable IMPOR_DIR to value [c:\ns\intf_dir\import]

Hardcoded.log shows the file being picked up correctly:-
    [0] readSupFile.0 - Opening file: C:\ns\intfc_dir\import\msmsup.csv

And variable.log shows the error when using the variable:-
    11:42:26,829 ERROR [FileInputList] FileInputList - org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not list the contents of "file:///C:/ns/intf_dir/import" because it is not a folder.
    at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.getChildren(AbstractFileObject.java:527)
    Am using Kettle 2.5.1 on windows XP, has anyone seen this before, is there a switch I need to flick or am I missing a step somewhere?

Many thanks,

stevens_ns
    Attached Files Attached Files

There is nothing wrong with the forward slashes. On the contrary, you don't use backslashes in a URL.
    If there is a file called "file:///C:/ns/intf_dir/import" in a folder with the same name, I suggest you try to add a slash at the end of the URL.
    (or remove the file in question)

Matt

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I'd already tried adding the slash and the url stayed the same, but it made me look at it again and I realised I'd done something very dumb, all sorted now.

Apologies for wasting your time, thanks again!

nicole