Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Problem Copy Tables from MySQL to MS Access - K2.5.2

Default Problem Copy Tables from MySQL to MS Access - K2.5.2

Hi all,

I am using Kettle 2.5.2 on Windows Vista Home Premium. My Environment variables are enclosed.

I am trying to copy the contents of a table in mysql to ms_access. The transform I am building uses a basic Input Table from MySQL and an Output Tablestep to MS Access (I do not use the Access Output since I already have the MS Access .mdb created).

I have set up my Database Connections (to MySQL and MS Access) and the both successfully test out.

Upon setting the Database Connection to the MS Access Output Table step, I execute the initial SQL (“create table”), which works correctly (I confirm that my new table has been creatd in Ms Access), and saved the MS Access Output Table step.

I launch the transformation; it starts but after reaching Line 35000, the enclosed error is reflected and the transformation ends. Although the transformation log shows that some 101 records written to the Table OutPut, no records were found in the MS Access destination table, as may be seen in screenshot enclosed.

If a problem exists with the jre I am using, please advise where to change this (specifcally in my Environment Variables), considering that I need my current version of the jdk pointing to JAVA_HOME (for Cube Designer, PCI, etc.). This plus any additonal help, will be highly appreciated.

Regards, DMurray3
    Last edited by DMurray3; 02-21-2008 at 10:39 AM.

Default Further: Problem Copy Tables from MySQL to MS Access - K2.5.2

Further testing of my K2.5.2, by attempting to copy another MySQL table to MS Access, while transforming, Spoon simply quit and existed.

For review, I am enclosing the transformation file along with hs_err_pid6084.txt and hs_err_pid10956.txt files which I see were generated at the moment of Spoon quiting/exiting.

Hope this helps to find out what my problems are.

Regards, DMurray3

Reading your logs it seems that you have a problem outputting the data to the table and that the error handling that kicks in somehow gets a null pointer.

1) Disable error handling, and switch off any batch processing... try again
    2) if 1) still fails, replace table output by a text output file and and a look at your data.

Regards,
    Sven

Default Error continues on: Proble Copy Tables from MySQL to MS Access - K2.5.2

Quote Originally Posted by sboden View Post
    Reading your logs it seems that you have a problem outputting the data to the table and that the error handling that kicks in somehow gets a null pointer.

1) Disable error handling, and switch off any batch processing... try again
    2) if 1) still fails, replace table output by a text output file and and a look at your data.

Regards,
    Sven
    Thanks Sven...

Following your recomendations:
    1) I disabled error handling; I have no batch process; the sames problem ocurred. Error file enclosed.
    2) I modified the transformation to Text Output and Spoon completed the transform. Data in the text file is OK.

Any idea of why my problem is occurring? Any chance my problem has to do with my Environment Variables or the jdk/jre versions I am using?

Regards, Daniel

aahh... that's our notorious JDBC-ODBC bridge. We see it happen a lot, it crashes and most of the times there's not much you can do about it.

Can you use something else than JDBC-ODBC bridge?

Regards,
    Sven

Please note that it's not a problem of the bridge itself, but a problem in the ODBC driver (or less likely the Microsoft ODBC DLL's) that crashes the java virtual machine.

Default Thanks anyway

Sboden, Matt...

This was not a problem (at least I never had it) using a previous version of Kettle.... That's what I get for trying to update....

Thanks anyway. I try to figure out some other way to work around this problem.

Regards, dtm