Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: MondrianModelFactory, problem with JNDI Name

Default MondrianModelFactory, problem with JNDI Name

I've got a pentaho 1.6.0.GA running on weblogic 9.2 with a Oracle database conection from a datasource. I have dashboard and mondrian working without problems.
    I install jpivot and I have a problem with JNDI Name.The name of my datasource is: 'Hibernate'.
    I debugg and I find the code:
    DataSource ds = (DataSource)ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/Hibernate");
    but it doesn't work. If I chance the value in runtime:
    DataSource ds = (DataSource)ctx.lookup("Hibernate");
    it works.

thanks

I need the source code of jpivotPentahoCustomModif.jar. Where canI find it?
    thanks

What's in this JAR? Can you run the following command and paste or attach its output?

Code:
    jar -tf jpivotPentahoCustomModif.jar

My problem is the JNDI Name when Jpivot retrieves the datasource. I know the problem is in the class com.tonbeller.jpivot.tags.MondrianModelFactory. This class is in the pentaho jar: jpivotPentahoCustomModif.jar. I want the source code to modify this class and change 'java:comp/env/jdbc/datasourceName' (it doesn't work with weblogic) to 'datasourceName' (it work with weblogic)

thanks

Same thing here. It looks for a JDBC datasource instead of a JNDI name. I know my xaction is correct because it works in 1.6.0 build 1000.

Here's more details on my investigation on my side.

I have a production server with 1.6.0.GA.1000 using MySQL repo and a 1.6.0.GA.1000 with Hsqldb as a test server. The Pivot works with the one using Hsqldb but not on the prod server.

On prod server, it looks like the MondrianModelFactory looks for a jdbc datasource (jdbc/my_datasource) but it is defined correctly in the action as a JNDI datasource. Why is it looking for JDBC ? Can it be some other class fault ?!

I tried to switch the JAR files without success, they are the exact same, so I suspect something else (duh....)
    Last edited by lucboudreau; 12-06-2007 at 12:37 PM.