Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Job: Sending email when transformation fails

Default Job: Sending email when transformation fails

Hello.

I have a job that executes a transformation. If it fails, I send it to a mail hop.

Is it possible to see the transformation error on the email? I forced an error (adding an unexisting column to the query), but even choosing all options, all I see is:

Code:
    Job:                                                                                        
    -----                                                                                       
    JobName    : SyncDimensions                                                                 
    Directory  : /                                                                              
    JobEntry   : Error handling                                                                 

Message date: 2007/11/12 11:51:51.789                                                       

Previous results:                                                                           
    -----------------                                                                           
    Job entry Nr         : 4                                                                    
    Errors               : 0                                                                    
    Lines read           : 0                                                                    
    Lines written        : 0                                                                    
    Lines input          : 0                                                                    
    Lines output         : 0       
    Result               : false                                                                

Path to this job entry:                                                                     
    ------------------------                                                                    
    SyncDimensions
      SyncDimensions :  : start : Start of job execution (2007/11/12 11:51:42.620)
      SyncDimensions :  : START : start : Start of job execution (2007/11/12 11:51:42.634)
      SyncDimensions :  : START : [nr=0, errors=0, exit_status=0, result=true] : Job execution f
    inished (2007/11/12 11:51:42.635)
      SyncDimensions :  : Authorities : Followed unconditional link : Start of job execution (20
    07/11/12 11:51:42.635)
      SyncDimensions :  : Authorities : [nr=1, errors=0, exit_status=0, result=true] : Job execu
    tion finished (2007/11/12 11:51:43.668)
      SyncDimensions :  : SyncClients : Followed link after success : Start of job execution (20
    07/11/12 11:51:43.669)
      SyncDimensions :  : SyncClients : [nr=2, errors=0, exit_status=0, result=true] : Job execu
    tion finished (2007/11/12 11:51:43.903)
      SyncDimensions :  : SyncSuppliers : Followed link after success : Start of job execution (
    2007/11/12 11:51:43.904)
      SyncDimensions :  : SyncSuppliers : [nr=3, errors=0, exit_status=0, result=true] : Job exe
    cution finished (2007/11/12 11:51:51.484)
      SyncDimensions :  : SyncZones : Followed link after success : Start of job execution (2007
    /11/12 11:51:51.484)
      SyncDimensions :  : SyncZones : [nr=4, errors=1, exit_status=0, result=false] : Job execut
    ion finished (2007/11/12 11:51:51.785)
      SyncDimensions :  : Error handling : Followed link after failure : Start of job execution
    Pedro Alves
    Meet us on ##pentaho, a FreeNode irc channel

Hi,

You can attach log file to the email
    - check "attach log file(s) to message"
    - "Select file type" = Log

Rgds

Samatar

I did, and I selected all file types. But that's the only output I have
    Pedro Alves
    Meet us on ##pentaho, a FreeNode irc channel

Ok.
    Specify a log in your transformation job entry (Check "Specifi log file" and fill log file settings).

Hopefully this can help people in the future: Forum Post

Smile Email for a specific transformation

I craeted a job with two transformations.

each transformation is connected to a "Mail" step when it fails.

I purposefully made error in the second transformation.

I have given Hop information as "Follow when result is false" for both.

But it is sending "log File" mail for both the transformations.

One containing successful execution and other with errors .

i want the job to throw an email only for a "fail" transformation.

Could anyone guide in this case???

hello, i noticed the mail step sends the log of the job you put it in.
    Have you tried creating two different jobs, each containing one transformation? this way you receive the log of the single trasformation that didn't work

I tried with single transformation it worked out.

IF I fail first transformaton it throws mail for 1st one alone.(Coz 2nd wont get executed if 1st fails)

But i want both the transformation in the same job.(that is the requirement)

In that case how will i achieve getting mail for a specific/2nd transformation alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Muthu View Post
    I craeted a job with two transformations.

each transformation is connected to a "Mail" step when it fails.

I purposefully made error in the second transformation.

I have given Hop information as "Follow when result is false" for both.

But it is sending "log File" mail for both the transformations.

One containing successful execution and other with errors .

i want the job to throw an email only for a "fail" transformation.

Could anyone guide in this case???
    That's not possible. Could you attach a screenshot of the main job?

Could it be old entries? Do log files get cleared out after each execution?