Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Add Sequence step with Schema name

Default Add Sequence step with Schema name

Hi,

I am trying to use the Add Sequence step by using the database to get the next value. However, the sequence is not in the oracle schema that I am logged into kettle with. The schema that I am logged in with does have security to select and alter any sequence.

I added the schema name to the step, but when I compile Kettle throws an error saying the Sequence can't be found. I can't figure out what I am missing.

Also I would like to be able to use a variable for the schema name, as I don't want to hard code it. Is this possible?

Thanks,
    Jon

In 3.0 it is.

Regards,
    Sven

Hi! I'm also trying to add a sequence using the database to get the next value. However, I do not know what to put in the "Schema name" and "Sequence name" fields. I'm using Ingres 2006 as my database and I am using Kettle 3.0GA.

I'm just a newbie in using Kettle so if its possible that any of you give me detailed instructions it will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance..
    -Ben-

Does Ingres support database sequences? I doubt it.

Regards,
    Sven

Im not realy sure, but if that's the case, is there any other way for me to get the next value in a sequence via the database?

Thanks,
    -Ben-