Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: SSAS 2005 Connection

Default SSAS 2005 Connection

Hi guys,

I see that you plan to incorporate a Input Step that queries with a MDX a Mondrian OLAP database. Are you planning to incorporate a XMLA Input (MDX) connection to SSAS 2005, such as the connection Jpivot does directly to Analysis Services.

Because Kettle is such a wonderfull tool we have migrated several of our process, But we can't migrate process related to our OLAP server (SSAS 2005).

We work with SSAS 2005 and have several ideas to join Kettle with this OLAP engine.

Why use SSAS 2005 with kettle? For queries, For workflow scenarios, alert systems and many more ......

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Ben

Raise a JIRA tracker... there are no plans for the immediate future I think.

Regards,
    Sven

Any update on this issue?

pstoellberger Guest

i couldn't find a JIRA for that

you can file one if you want

actually its not quite hard to implement that... e.g with olap4j

Hi to all,

Has anyone find any solution for this? im trying to connect data integration to MS Analysis Services 2008 but i cant .

Thanks to all

jegordon

You can use the "OLAP Input" step in PDI to read from MSAS ... or so I'm told.

How to access the OLAP cube - Microsoft SSAS 2008/2012 - by pentaho to create dashbords, kpi, tables, etc ...??

Help me please!

I'm starting the pentaho, and not have any conehcimento of how and where I can do .... audem me if you please ..