Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: How to configure the graph of the Pivot View

Question How to configure the graph of the Pivot View

I would appreciate receiving some advise (or what documentation exists) on how to configure the JPivot Table and the corresponding graph that can be displayed with the Pivot View Component when using a Cube.

I would like to tweak the xaction file generated by the Cube Designer (I undertand this must be done either using the Design Studio or any other text processor) and for that, I need to know what tags and the values (options) thereon that are available.

So far I have read each xaction file included in the SteelWheel analysis examples, but none of these include/use the full confguration of the Chart nor are there any examples providing how to activate the "Show Parent Members" in the JPivot.

Regards, DMurray3

Default Clarification: How to configure the graph of the Pivot View

I am try to "set" the graph of a JPivotView in an xaction so that the user -when executing this- gets the graph and the requiered table.

Up to now, I have been able to select the graph type and its location, but requiere to additionally set the remaining graph properties in tune with the window as indicated.

Can anyone advise what document/example addresses this?

Thanks, DMurray3
    Last edited by DMurray3; 02-21-2008 at 10:39 AM.

Default Resolved: How to configure the graph of the Pivot View

After spending an entire day searching... I found what was needed in

http://wiki.pentaho.org/display/PentahoDoc/Pivot+View

I hope this helps anyone else that might of had a similar issue.

DMurray3

I'm sorry you had a difficult time locating the documentation you needed.

We are currently reviewing the documentation and it's organization. If you have any ideas on how it would have been easier for you to find the docs you required we'd sure like to hear it.

thanks,

Bill

Default Finding Documentation - recommendation

Hi wseyler.... Maybe its takes me a little bit longer to find things, because my technical background is very limited....

I tried looking using "charts", "chart configuration".... only after some further trying I was able to find it using "chart property(ies)"...

What I would recommend is a search engine (Google/Yahoo type)... we installed an open source of one of these in my previous employment which made searching for documents based on simple keywords a lot quicker...

Again any thanks for your concerns.

Regards, DMurray3